Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cake/Cupcake Recipe Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake/Cupcake Recipe Suggestions?

So my husband asked me yesterday if I could bake something special for him to take to work on Friday because it is one of his patient's 100th day in the hospital. Besides making me think about how incredibly sweet my husband can be, it also made me worry about what to bake. I was thinking cupcakes because they are easier to share with people, but then again the cake provides more of a "wow" factor. Any suggestions? And any killer recipes? Thanks!

Oh, and I really like to bake and do so often so it doesn't have to be a super simple recipe...

I made these last week for DH's birthday, and they were really good: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/r...ared-cupcakes/ (I used "European-style" butter but otherwise ignored their high-quality ingredient suggestions)
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I don't have a great recipe, but I think cupcakes are a great idea. So much easier than cutting a cake, and you won't need utensils and plates.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I have a SUPER easy recipe for cheesecake bars (not from scratch but no one will know), or (homemade) pecan toffee bars that are fabulous.... let me know if you'd like either recipe. I tend to send bars/cookies in because I don't make cake from scratch and prefer people think I make everything from scratch
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Oh my goodness, those chocolate ones look like they are heavenly... I don't know if those will actually leave the house!

Comment

Oohh, pecan toffee bars, would you mind sending me that one? Yum!

Comment

Pecan Toffee Bars - they have become a family favorite!
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Graymatterwife's Irish Carbomb cupcakes were heavenly...the recipe is in the "What's for dinner" thread...I think
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The Carbomb cupcakes were awesome, but I wouldn't bring them into the hospital. There is technically alcohol in them that isn't cooked out - not so good for hospital goodies. I actually finished them as Dh was headed to work, and he was not very happy that he had to wait until his shift was over to dig in. I think you should do the toffee bars - they sound delicious!
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

There is technically alcohol in them that isn't cooked out - not so good for hospital goodies.
                    Good point...guess who brought them to work
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I love Italian cream cake recipes.

Ingredients
                      2 cup all-purpose flour
                      1 cup buttermilk
                      ½ cup butter
                      1 cup flaked coconut
                      1 tsp baking soda
                      1 tsp baking powder
                      2 cup white sugar
                      ½ cup shortening
                      4 cup confectioner's sugar