Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chanterelle sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chanterelle sauce?

I'm planning on making salmon (either poached or grilled) with fresh chanterelles.
    Do you guys have any recipes for fresh wild mushrooms?

TIA

I've also got a pound of dried porcinis that my fil gave us. They've been dried very recently so they smell wonderful!
    married to an anesthesia attending

I have a good recipie for Mushroom Risotto. Here it is below if you are interested. I think it would be good as a side dish for salmon.

Ingredients:
    1/3 ounce dried porcini
    2 Tbl unsalted butter
    4 oz shiitake or other wild mushrooms, stems removed and sliced (about 2 cups)
    1/4 cup light cream
    1/3 cup parmesan cheese
    1 Tbl chopped fresh parsely

4 cups broth (chicken or veg)
    1 cup porcini liquid, strained
    1/2 cup broth

2 Tbl unsalted butter
    1 Tbl oil
    1/3 cup finely minced onion

1 1/2 cups Arborio rice

Directions:
    1. Place the porcini in a small bowl with 1 cup boiling or very hot water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the porcini liquid into a saucepan with the broth. Heat the butter in a small skillet over moderate heat. When it begins to foam, add teh fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the liquid has almost evaporated. Coarsely chop the porcini and add them to the pan with the fresh mushrooms. Coninute cooking for about 2 minutes longer. Add teh cream and simmer until it is reduced slightly and thickened. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and set aside.

2. Bring the broth to a steady simmer on the stove top.

3. Heat the butter and oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add teh onion and satue for 1 to 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until all grains are coated. Add a 1/2 cup of broth at a time stiring until all liquid is absorbed before adding the next. . Once all but a 1/2 cup of liquid has absorbed pour in the last of the liquid and the mushroom cream mixture into the rice. Serve immediately.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

W/chanterrelles: butter, cream, sherry. simple and delicious. YUM!
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Thanks! Risotto sounds yummy, but with dh not home tonight and having to take care of dd by myself, it might be a bit tough to do it.

Costco has one pound of chanterelles for $8.99 right now.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
        X