Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Turkey Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Day

What are your favorite turkey day dishes?

Also I am going to roast a turkey, should i get one with roaster with a lid? We normally get the turkey bags, but this year I was going to get a nice roaster and try and have a perfectly browned turkey.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

We've roasted turkeys both ways and prefer the bags. Easier and less clean-up later.

We typically have the same things every year:

-turkey (obvs)
    -roasted cauliflower with chives and Greek yogurt (replaces mashed potatoes)
    -stuffing
    -fresh cranberry sauce
    -roasted/mashed sweet potatoes
    -green beans
    -green salad
    -some type of pumpkin dessert, maybe pumpkin cheesecake this year

Comment

Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing made with sausage and creamed corn. I don't have a lid for my roaster. I just cover with foil for part of the cooking time.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Fried turkey, yellow squash w/onions, tomatoes and sauce, and parmesan cheese, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Yummy. Black olives are also a must for me.

Comment

Homemade stuffing with sausage and homemade cranberry sauce. (so easy to make--bag of cranberries, 1 cup water, 1cup sugar in a pot, cook until the cranberries pop). We have to have the canned stuff too, though

My great-grandmother also used to make this wonderful breakfast bread with sausage, mozzarella cheese, and spinach. My mom makes a bunch of loaves of it and we gnosh on it all weekend
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
            Also I am going to roast a turkey, should i get one with roaster with a lid?
            We have an electronic roaster. I LOVE IT. I have made five or six whole turkeys in it, and get rave reviews. I have made a bunch of other things in there, too. LOVE IT.

Comment

We go to www.biga.com for their amazing Thanksgiving dinner.

But, if I had to, I would buy a roasting pan with the lid because you can use it for more than just turkeys on thanksgiving!

J.

Comment

Working...
              X