Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sandwich help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandwich help?

On my recent excursion to Trader Joe's I picked up a box of Creamy Corn and Roasted Pepper soup. I am trying to decide a sandwich to go along with it. I am just clueless what would match well.

Dietary restrictions:
    The soup is labeled parve (It doesn't have dairy or meat in it) so I can make a vegetarian sandwich with our with out dairy or I can make a turkey sandwich (This can't have dairy in it). What would you make to go along with the soup?

For those wanting more info on the soup, the box says: sweet corn, potatoes, roasted poblano peppers and a touch of cilantro.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

I'd probably go with turkey, since any vegetarian sandwich I'd eat would have hummus in it, and that wouldn't blend well. But my turkey sandwiches have cheese on them, too. Man, that soup sounds good. I can't WAIT until ours opens here.

BTW (only 'cause I know you're from here and care) -- apparently the whole TJ's thing was nearly canned b/c KCMO was giving them a hard time with the licensing. Someone had to work some serious magic to get it approved. I would have been CRUSHED!

Comment

My veggie sandwich of choice would be cheese, tomato and avocado, with a little schmear of mayo. But that's pretty much my go-to sandwich. . I'm not very ethnically diverse with regards to cuisine, so I read poblano and cilantro and think Mexican and then I think tomatoes amd avocado.

ETA: my culinary experiences are pretty much limited to garlic and olive oil, or butter and wine. Though my baking horizons have widened dramatically since friending Shakti on facebook! Damn baking blogs!!!!
      Last edited by Michele; 12-23-2010, 08:56 AM.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

My mom says a TJs is coming in next the the crate and barrel right by TCP down the street from her house. That wouldn't have been affected by the KCMO issues would it? So you are actually getting TWO TJs. right?
        -L.Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
          My veggie sandwich of choice would be cheese, tomato and avocado, with a little schmear of mayo. But that's pretty much my go-to sandwich. . I'm not very ethnically diverse with regards to cuisine, so I read poblano and cilantro and think Mexican and then I think tomatoes amd avocado.
          oooh, you are so right. I think this is what I will do. Hopefully I can find some ready avocados. I want it tonight now!! lol.
          -L.Jane

Comment

Yes. 2 TJ's 6 miles away from each other. The other will be in the ward pkwy plaza by 435 & state line. I'd planned to go there since they're equidistant from me & you can't buy booze on the KS side.

Sorry Michele!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
              Yes. 2 TJ's 6 miles away from each other. The other will be in the ward pkwy plaza by 435 & state line. I'd planned to go there since they're equidistant from me & you can't buy booze on the KS side.

Sorry Michele!
              lol gotchya. So no 3buck chuck on the KS side. Horrible.
              -L.Jane

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                lol gotchya. So no 3buck chuck on the KS side. Horrible.
                I've got my priorities straight ...

Comment

This isn't really to go with your soup, but today I had one of the best sandwiches of my life - corned beef on ciabatta roll with arugula, mayo and a touch of horseradish. My friend had salami, ham, pepperocini, sweet red peppers super thin, lettuce, sweet mustard on whole wheat. I didn't try it because of the pork but it was fun to watch her react to sandwich bliss.

What did you pick?

Comment

One of my favorite sandwiches is wheat bread, pesto, lettuce, tomato, cucumber & cheddar cheese. Yum!
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

mmm Ides, that sounds good. I ended up making a mozzarella, avocado, and tomato sandwich and toasting it. It needed something like a sundried tomato pesto on it or something, but it was still good. I thought the soup was yummy. J said it was just OK, yet he had seconds.
                      -L.Jane

Comment

Working...
                      X