Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Slow Cooker Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Cooker Recipes

Anyone have any good, quick slow cooker recipes they care to share? I am seriously loving our slow cooker this winter... so easy to make and it's nice to have a hot meal waiting when we're hungry.

Here's a few of my favorites! Can't wait to make some of your suggestions, too.

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken:
    Ingredients:
    1.5 – 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or boneless chicken thighs)
    1 (1.5 oz.) pkg taco seasoning mix (Make sure it’s gluten-free. We use McCormick brand – mild for my kids.)
    1 Cup chicken broth or water (Make sure it’s gluten-free. We use Pacific brand.)
    1 Cup salsa or picante sauce
    Directions:
    1. Place chicken in a slow-cooker and sprinkle taco seasoning mix on top of chicken. Then, pour on chicken broth and picante sauce. No need to stir.
    2. Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
    3. After 8 hours, the chicken is so tender it usually falls apart with a fork. So, use forks to shred, or pull apart, the chicken. Stir it around and let it stay warm in the slow-cooker while you prepare the rest of dinner.

Zesty Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken:
    Ingredients
    6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
    1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions
    Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
    Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

Cheesy Garlic Chicken:
    1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
    3 cups cauliflower florets
    4 cloves of garlic, or 2 big tbsp. minced garlic
    3/4 cup chicken broth
    2 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3 cups frozen cut green beans
    4 oz. cream cheese
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 cup chopped roma tomatoes
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into small pieces. In crock pot, combine chicken, cauliflower, garlic, broth, tapioca and salt. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours. Turn to high heat, add green beans to cooker. Cook for 30 minutes more. Turn cooker to warm, stir in cream cheese and mozzarella cheese until melted. Add tomatoes.

ETA: I just copy and pasted... didn't realize the little side notes in the first one obviously it doesn't have to be gluten free if you don't want it to be!

I am also a complete convert to the slowcooker. That last one looks delicious, I mean who doesn't like cheese? I'll have to give it a try this week!

Comment

I also love my slow cooker. We have several threads about them, I'll look for them and bump them up.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I've got chili in the slow cooker right now. It's also great for beef stew and spaghetti sauce.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Oh, and pot roast. I don't know how I got by without a slow cooker before
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The Brett Favre chile recipe (above sticky) is also a slow cooker recipe.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I have a slow cooker ribs recipe that is freaking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I don't have a crockpot but I made a recipie off allrecipies & adapted it to the stovetop. It was called - Mushroom, Lentil & Barley Soup. It was really yummy. When I can get on the computer & not on my phone I'll put up the link.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                  I have a slow cooker ribs recipe that is freaking awesome.

Share please!!
                  I LOVE my crockpot

Comment

Originally posted by DrS'sMiss View Post
                    Share please!!
                    I LOVE my crockpot
                    http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2010/0...aby-back-ribs/

Recipe note: I cut WAY back on the chili powder, like I use 1/4 of what it calls for. It's way too much for me as written. I like Sweet Baby Rays BbQ sauce.

Comment

I think I'm going to be hitting the grocery store for some Super Bowl Sunday babyback ribs tomorrow morning!!! Thank you Heidi!
                      Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Well... it's now 24 hours later and can I just say that the rib recipe is AMAZING. Just made it for our small super bowl gathering and everyone love, love, loved it. Thank you so much for posting it!!!
                        Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

I made the ribs last night and ... wow. SO good. Thanks for sharing, Heidi, this one's definitely a keeper in our house!!
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

So glad you guys like the ribs! They are so yummy!

Comment

Almost making me wish I ate ribs!
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X