Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

recipes needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recipes needed

I am having a little soiree next weekend and we are planning on it being tapas style - lots of little appetizer style dishes to choose from. I am thinking of things that are more grown up and less pot luck style, but honestly, I never get out to grown up style events any more...

Suggestions?

I would love to do something with pesto...
    Kris

No pesto suggestions here, but...

These are yummy: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,181,1...232195,00.html

We always do stuffed mushrooms - but ours are waaaay easy. Take the stem out of a mushroom and put a ball of italian sausage inside Bake for about 30-45 minutes (until sausage is cooked)

What about a warm goat cheese spread - goat cheese with your favorite marinara poured over? Heated in micro or oven. Served with sliced baguette pieces.

Meatballs are also usually a big hit, and can be kept in a crock pot!

I also have a mexican bruschetta recipe that I can try to find if you'd like!

Baked brie seems to be pretty popular lately.

Not sure how fancy you're going for, but even doing pulled pork or the like with little rolls would be yummy!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Rachel Ray has a pesto mashed potatoes recipe that's tasty
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

A friend made red onion and goat cheese mini tarts for hordeurves for a dinner party. They were delicious and apparently pretty easy to make. Our picky-eater son devoured them and would have eaten to whole damn platter if I hadn't stopped him.

I'll see if I can find her recipe. She usually finds them at foodnetwork com.

Comment

Jen - I will take the mexican bruchetta recipe if you can find it!
          Kris

Comment

I do stuffed mushrooms and green bean bundles with bacon and a great glaze on top. I can send you either recipe if you are interested.

Comment

2 cobs grilled corn (cut off the cob)
              1 can black beans
              1 can diced tomatoes or salsa (we usually use salsa)

Mix together and serve with toasted baguette or chips

Just thought of another thing - chicken lettuce wraps. Davita has a good recipe for them!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Buy apple-chicken sausages. (precooked ones) Cut into 1/4 in slices. Meanwhile make a sauce of 1/2 c maple syrup, 1/4 c mustard (I liked brown tbh) and 1.5 tsp of sage. Mix sauce ingredients together and reserve 1/2. Baste sausage slices w/ sauce and broil 4 minutes and flip and broil 4 more minutes- baste again when you flip. Pour reserved sauce into a bowl and stab each sausage round with a mini pretzel stick. Reserved sauce becomes dip. We brought these to the winter piano recital and they were demolished in two minutes. All people love the edible 'toothpick' aka pretzel stick.

J.

Comment

We had baked brie at a party last week!! OMG it was amazing!!

Here is the recipes:
                  Baked Brie with Cherries, Almonds and Bagels
                  INGREDIENTS 3 Panera Cherry Vanilla, Pink Ribbon, French Toast, and/or Cinnamon Raisin bagels
                  2 teaspoons butter
                  2 tablespoons sliced almonds
                  1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                  1 small wheel (about 8 ounces) brie cheese
                  2 tablespoons cherry jam

DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 325ºF. Cut bagels into 1-inch cubes.

Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in almonds and cook until lightly toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and remove from heat.

Center wheel of brie on a small round baking dish or glass pie plate. Spread jam over brie and top with almond mixture.

Bake until brie is very soft and scoopable, 7 to 8 minutes.

Place the dish on a trivet and serve with bagel cubes for scooping the oozing cheese.
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X