Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pasta Salad Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasta Salad Recipe?

I must be tired because deciding if I should put this in the side dish or salad section was difficult for me. Anyway. we are going to a BBQ this weekend and we signed up to bring a side dish. I thought I would make a pasta salad. I've never made one before. Anyone have a tried and true recipe? No dairy please.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Ooooh, Sheherezade has a good one that got me in trouble with a vegetarian. It does call for feta though. I think migirl has one that I liked, too!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I asked this same question a little while ago!

http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/...od-pasta-salad

I ended up doing something similar to SuzySunshine's: rotini pasta, chopped red and green pepper, black olives, zesty Italian dressing, topped with pine nuts. Very, very good!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
        I asked this same question a little while ago!
        I even did a search! oy. Thanks so much!
        -L.Jane

Comment

I also use Zesty Italian dressing as my "sauce" and then whatever suites me. Tri-colored rotini makes it really pretty, then you can add sweet onion, multi-colored peppers, artichoke hearts, olives, pepperoni, zucchini, small broccoli bits, or anything else sitting in the produce aisle. My pasta salad usually ends up less pasta, more stuff.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

How do you all judge ratio of Italian dressing to pasta?
            -L.Jane

Comment

Go slow. Add a little, and mix. Repeat as needed. I don't like it to get too soupy. I forgot to add - I also add Italian seasoning to my concoction.
              -Deb

Comment

I'm also in the "throw a bunch of veggies in there" camp. I use Zesty Italian as well, and will throw in some McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning. Quick and easy - just make sure that you don't over-cook the noodles (I usually cook them a little less than if I were eating them for dinner).
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I love Suddenly Salad... No clue if it contains dairy, but it's so yummy and easy!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I LOVE Suddenly Salad too!!! My mom used to have to stock up on it when it was on sale, since if I could, I'd eat it by the tubfull!

Otherwise, the Italian dressing + noodles + veggies + Italian seasoning is always good.
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Another tip- rinse the cooked pasta well in cold water when its done cooking.
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I've never heard of suddenly salad. What section is it in? I have to try it!!!
                        -Deb

Comment

It's around the Rice-A-Roni and mac & cheese. It has no healthy redeeming qualities whatsoever, but it tastes soooo good. (I do substitute olive oil, FWIW...)
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                          X