Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adult punch recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult punch recipes?

I'm having several friends over for a game night the next time my husband is on call overnight and I want to make some sort of adult punch. Does anybody have any good "recipes" to share?

750 ml bottle of vodka
    2 liters sparkling water
    2 10 oz packages of frozen strawberries
    12 oz can frozen lemonade
    Basil

It's awesomely delicious!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My favorite is for slush. It's not alcoholic by itself, but you add your favorite - rum, vodka, tequila, triple sec, flavored vodkas, etc. to taste. It's very adaptable and kids can drink it too, so they don't feel left out. It's really good with fruity liquors!

Slush

Juice of 2 oranges
      Juice of 2 lemons
      ½ can (large) pineapple juice
      2 cups sugar
      3½ cups water
      Lemon-lime soda (Sprite, etc.)
      Frozen berries (raspberries and/or strawberries). Optional
      Alcohol (optional)

1. In large bowl, combine juices and water. Dissolve sugar and stir.
      2. Pour in berries.
      3. Ladle mixture into 1-gallon plastic bags. Make sure they are closed completely, and place flat in the freezer.
      4. Once frozen and ready to serve, place frozen mixture into bowl, and pour lemon-lime soda over the top. Break up the frozen juice with whatever you have available (immersion blenders or potato mashers work well). Adjust soda amount to correct consistency. Serve. Add alcohol as desired.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Planter's punch! It's a Jamaican drink and so good!!! I'll ask my sister for her recipe but you might be able to find it online too.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I like this one - we call it Poinsettia Punch and usually only make it around Christmas, but you could call it something else.

1 (750 mL) bottle Champagne, chilled
          3 cups cranberry apple juice, chilled
          1/4 cup thawed frozen white grape juice concentrate
          1/4 cup orange liqueur

Stir together all ingredients in a punch bowl. Chill with ice ring or ice cubes made from cranberry apple juice (so it doesn't get watered down as it melts).
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for; I knew I'd be able to get some great tried-and-true recipes from you all. I might just have to try a few of these for game night. Thanks!

Comment

I just spent two and a half hours blending and then straining watermelon and cucumber juices (w/ mint and lime juice) for some high test gin and tonics tomorrow. Not that I necessarily recommend the time suck BUT, my sample was darned tasty.

J.

Comment

750 ml bottle of vodka
                2 liters sparkling water
                Basil
                Agreed -- it is delicious...and was going to be my suggestion (but tequila instead of vodka...because who doesn't love tequila???)

Comment

My friend gave me this recipe for "white sangria". I refuse to call it sangria, bc I don't know a spainard who would put peach scnapps in their sangria, but it was quite tasty.

Ghetto Sangria

1.5 l white merlot
                  250 ml peach schnapps
                  2 c pineapple juice
                  Fruit

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                    750 ml bottle of vodka
                    2 liters sparkling water
                    Basil

It's awesomely delicious!
                    Game night was last night and I made three batches of this (for 8 ladies) figuring it would be too much, but I'd rather have too much than too little. It was gone within a few hours!!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That sounds delicious. I'm going to save this recipe!

I know this is late, but this is one of my favorites. It's very simple, but surprisingly tasty.

1 can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate
                      2 beers
                      enough vodka to fill the (empty) can of frozen lemonade.

Mix all 3. Sip. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                      X