Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Zucchini Recipies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zucchini Recipies

So, it's zucchini season. My neighbor just gave me a ton of zucchini to use. I'm looking for more recipes. So far I've made some super yummy zucchini patties and plan to make some bread. Not sure if it should be chocolate or regular zucchini. Anyone have any favorite recipes to share?

Below is the patty recipe. It was really good and dh gobbled them like there is no tomorrow.

Zucchini Patties

4 cups shredded zucchini (water squeezed out)
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    1/2 cup parm cheese
    1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup onion, chopped
    1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs (I used 1/3 cup + the rest flour)
    salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together. Heat pan with small amount of oil. Spoon in batter and press down a little into patty form. Let pan fry on medium until browned on each side. They get a bit firmer after removed from pan.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

I have a muffin recipe that's tasty. I'll try to type it up later at the computer.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks Michele.

I also made some Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I used a healthier recipe with apple sauce and less sugar. It is below for those interested. It was really good but maybe a bit on the dry side. Next time I make it I will increase the zucchini a 1/2 - to 1 cup.

Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 1/4 cups sugar
      3 eggs
      2/3 cup apple sauce
      1/2 cup canola oil
      1 tsp vanilla
      2 1/2 cups flour ( I used have whole wheat & half white)
      1/2 cup cocoa
      1 tsp salt
      1 tsp baking soda
      1/2 tsp baking powder
      1 tsp cinnamon
      2 cups shredded zucchini
      nuts (optional)
      chocolate chips (optional)

Mix together wet ingredients and sugar. In separate bowl mix all dry ingredients. Stir dry into wet until just mixed. Fold in nuts and or chocolate chips. Pour batter into two loaf pans (I used 4 small loaf pans). Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove bread from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I'm ready for pumpkin season!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Here is one more recipe. It's zucchini walnut bread. It's from sunset magazine but I increased the zucchini and nuts. Below is what I did. It's scrumptious!

Zucchini Walnut Bread

3 eggs
          2 cups sugar (I used 1/2 brown and 1/2 white)
          3 cups shredded zucchini
          1 cup vegetable oil
          1 tsp vanilla
          3 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half white)
          1 tsp cinnamon
          1 tsp salt
          1 tsp baking powder
          1 tsp baking soda
          1 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together eggs, sugar, veg oil, zucchini and vanilla. In separate bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold in nuts. Put batter in two loaf pans ( I used four small loaf pans) and bake at 350F for 50-60 min. Since I used small loafs mine were done at about 45 minutes.

Comment

Eating Well magazine just had a set of zucchini recipes. I'm sure they're on their website. www.eatingwell.com

J

Comment

Zucchini Muffins

3 c flour
              2 tsp baking soda
              1 tsp salt
              1/2 tsp baking powder
              1 tsp cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

3 eggs
              2 c sugar
              1 c oil
              2 tsp vanilla

Beat wet ingredients in a separate bowl until creamy.

To the wet ingredients add:
              2 c shredded zucchini (about 2 large zucchini)
              8 oz crushed pineapple, drained

Then add dry ingredients and combine.

Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes until set. Makes about 2 dozen.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
              X