Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stuffing or Dressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffing or Dressing?

Do you make stuffing or dressing? Do you have a family favorite? Please share. I have never found a really good recipe, so every year it is something a little different!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

We do not stuff it in the bird (Alton Brown says not to), so I guess ours is dressing.

We talked about whether we should do a cornbread dressing this year as a nod to our new Southern home, but decided we both really love oyster dressing more. And we were wondering if oyster dressing is more New England-y. Anyone know? And my Boston-bred husband asserted that it's alright to go with a New England option for Thanksgiving, because while the northeast maybe tries to claim credit for too much of American culture, "We did pretty much invent Thanksgiving." You gotta give them that.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We don't put it in the bird but my husband made a really amazing cornbread and sausage stuffing. He's working today but I'll ask him to email me the recipe when he gets home....Mmmmm thanksgiving.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I didn't know there was a difference. I'm just anti cornbread stuffing.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We make both: half goes into the bird, half baked separately and mixed together before serving (stuffing is usually more moist).
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I found this recipe for Sausage and Apple Dressing with Cranberries that I may try.
            http://southernfood.about.com/od/stu.../r/r71114b.htm
            Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We do dressing. I put apples and/or onions inside the bird to keep it moist. You have to almost overcook the turkey to get the stuffing to the right temperature to eat, and it's such a fine line that I don't attempt it.

I do a cornbread dressing that DH says is the closest to his mom's recipe, although I'd love to try others sometime. Doubt I could talk him into it. I'll post later - it's yummy!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I usually put onions and lemons inside the bird.
                Luanne

Comment

My friend made an awesome pumpkin bread dressing last year, and will be making it again. I don't have the recipe, but knowing her, she probably found it online.

Comment

I love my moms. I don't have the recipe - but she is supposed to teach me how to make it tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of oyster or cornbread stuffing. Or crawfish stuffing.
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/holi...gh-stuffing-2/

Made this last night and sneaked a few bites before I put in the egg...AMAZING! We'll cook it fully tomorrow, but even soggy it was awesome. Best I've had yet!
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                      X