Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cherry Chomper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Chomper

So I had to share this because I know we have a lot of cherry lovers on this board. I LOVE cherries, but I hated buying them because my kids wouldn't eat them because they didn't like having to eat around the pits. I saw this on a blog I follow and ordered it - it works GREAT and the kids are finally eating cherries.

http://www.amazon.com/Talisman-Desig.../dp/B001Q9EK1Y

YAY!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Cute! I finally bought a plain cherry pitter a couple months ago, and it's so awesome! I may get one of these when the kids get older - it looks like way more fun!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That is adorable! We have the $$$ oxo cherry pitter and we LOVE it.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

They make cherry pitters???
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

This is the one I got at Target, but I think the one SS posted is really cool!

Laurie

Comment

Best summer kitchen gadget EVER.
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I have the Oxo. Does the chomper cover the whole cherry so the juice is contained? I'm having splatter issues.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Yes, no juice issues, then you just pop off the top, throw away the pits and rinse it off.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                  This is the one I got at Target, but I think the one SS posted is really cool!
                  I had no idea these things existed. LM, is this one easy to use and clean? I always have mixed feelings about these gadgets. Two similar items we rarely use are the onion chopper and apple peeler/corer/slicer.

Comment

buying one. And my life just got so much happier.
                    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Yes, the one I have just goes straight into the dishwasher. I took that clear shield off - my Ranier cherries didn't fit inside it. That would probably help contain the splashes, but I just use it directly over a plate and haven't had much clean-up.
                      Laurie

Comment

Scrub Jay introduced me to the cherry pitter when Rainiers first made their appearance this summer, but when we're out and about, dd is usually pretty good about spitting seeds out. I'd say 3 out of 5 times, she'll give me a seed back. The others unfortunately aren't so lucky.
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                        X