Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Good Baked Potato Variations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Baked Potato Variations?

On busy days, we've found that a baked potato is a quick and satisfying meal after we've both been going 100mph all day and have just come in from the gym. We'll throw a baked potato in the oven and have a salad. But I'm interested in some of your favorite baked potato variations that sort of spice them up and even make them more of a hearty meal. I usually do the usual bit of butter and cheese! Your faves?
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

A big pile of broccoli florets, a bit of shredded cheddar, and a scoop of fat free greek yogurt. Chives if you've got some.
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Cubed chicken, sautéed peppers, bacon bits
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Pulled pork, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and butter. It's not healthy, but it's soooo good! Also, when I'm baking potatoes, I like to scrub them really well then put olive oil and kosher salt on the outside. It makes the skin really yummy!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Chili and cheese! Or chicken, tomatoes, and cheese.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
            Also, when I'm baking potatoes, I like to scrub them really well then put olive oil and kosher salt on the outside. It makes the skin really yummy!
            Mmm..okay, that sounds amazing too! I'll have to try that. I usually don't think to do anything to the outside other than scrub it because I don't eat the skins, but DH does. I'll have to give that a try-that even sounds good to me!
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

shredded x-sharp cheddar, bac'uns (soy bacon bits -they stay crispy), and taco meat (we often have leftover taco-seasoned ground turkey in the fridge).
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I do chicken and BBQ sauce on mine, or sometimes I put salad dressing on my baked potatoes, but my husband looks at me funny. I second the olive oil and kosher salt on the outside.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
                X