Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Protein shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein shakes

Anyone have any good ones.
    Right now my staple are vanilla whey, unsweetened coconut milk, PB2, and unsweetened cocoa powder.

If you haven't tried to PB2 as a peanut butter replacement. You are missing out. LOVE IT
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Nope - I would do choc. whey, banana, and soy milk. Nothing groundbreaking 90% of the time, I would just do whey and soy milk!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dh makes them almost daily. He uses chocolate protein whey, greek yogurt, peanut butter and frozen berries (either strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or combo of all). Mmm . . . good.
      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Mine is 1c flax milk, .5c frozen blueberries, scoop of vanilla protein, scoop of green supplement, 3-5 leaves of kale

I drink them after my morning workout (in fact I like them so much, I only let myself have one after I go to the gym as to further incentivise working out)
        - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

No, but I've been looking for some good shake/smoothie recipes. I think they'll be good pregnant food, because most real food just sounds terrible right now, and the stuff I want to eat leaves me feeling all bloated and hungry again in an hour or so.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

What is PB2 and where do I find it?
            Needs

Comment

Is flax milk an actual milk? I'm lactose free so pre mixed protein shakes are often not on the menu for me. I'm also intrigued by PB2? Where do you get it? What is it and what is the benefit of switching? I use a TBS of almond butter in a shake now and then. And a spoonful of PB is my go to breakfast these days.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I saw PB2 peanut butter powder at the grocery the other day (Zagaras for you locals), so I imagine it's pretty widely available.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

http://www.bellplantation.com/
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                    Is flax milk an actual milk? I'm lactose free so pre mixed protein shakes are often not on the menu for me.
                    Nope, it is non-dairy (lactose free)

The flavor is similar to soy milk, but it has some more omega-3s
                    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                      I saw PB2 peanut butter powder at the grocery the other day (Zagaras for you locals), so I imagine it's pretty widely available.
                      Loved Zagaras back in the day!
                      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
                        Loved Zagaras back in the day!
                        Whole Foods is closer, and we do a lot of our grocery shopping there, but zagara's is my favorite of the others, and we go there pretty regularly. They sometimes have awesome sales on Mrs. Renfro's salsa!
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                        X