Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with chocolate. I have an absolutely to-die-for chocolate chess pie recipe that is insanely easy and makes the most delicious, velvety smooth, rich chocolate pie. If you can find a pre-made GF crust, you'd be golden Let me know if you would be interested in the recipe!
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

If I do a second dessert, it's really only for DH because everyone else likes pumpkin. He's not a big dessert guy, and apple pie is the only special occasion dessert he really likes. I could experiment with pie crusts next weekend to see if I can pull off an apple pie... So I think it's that or a strudel, or I just get a bar of dark chocolate for him to enjoy. We are just really not big dessert people, so putting effort into another elaborate dessert wouldn't be worth it. The final wild card is my brother's girlfriend... I have no idea what she likes.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
        We are just really not big dessert people

....cannot compute....
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
          ....cannot compute....
          Hahaha... our house is where salty things go to die, but we cannot for the life of us finish a single batch of cookies or birthday cupcakes. DH usually requests that I not make him birthday cake because he just really doesn't like it that much. We like ice cream in the summer. But even bars of dark chocolate can sit in our fridge for weeks. So now my brother says that his GF doesn't like SPICES like nutmeg and allspice... groan. But cinnamon is OK. So I guess an apple pie or crumble without too much spice.

Comment

Is it weird that I don't like either overly sweet or salty stuff? Too salty food makes my taste buds swell and become really sensitive. I'm just not a fan of really sweet food. A couple bites and I'm done.

Comment

Thanksgiving Planning

Hahaha... our house is where salty things go to die, but we cannot for the life of us finish a single batch of cookies or birthday cupcakes. DH usually requests that I not make him birthday cake because he just really doesn't like it that much. We like ice cream in the summer. But even bars of dark chocolate can sit in our fridge for weeks. So now my brother says that his GF doesn't like SPICES like nutmeg and allspice... groan. But cinnamon is OK. So I guess an apple pie or crumble without too much spice.
              Maybe just baked apples with cinnamon and a blob of vanilla ice cream? Baked apples are pretty straightforward and I'm sure there are a million different easy versions floating around Pinterest.

Comment

Whoa...I would love to have an aversion to sweet stuff!! My cousins are like that...for breakfast, give them eggs, omelettes, quiches, whatever. To me, breakfast isn't breakfast unless it's pancakes, waffles, french toast, or cinnamon rolls. That's not always true - I do love a nice scrambled egg with wheat toast or a biscuit and bacon.

As far as your brother's GF goes...whenever I make pumpkin anything - just made pumpkin bread yesterday! - I always omit nutmeg and allspice, etc. I don't like those flavors either. I've found that the perfect pumpkin anything includes just cinnamon and cloves. That's what makes it perfect for us, anyway. My bread recipe leaves out all the other spices and I add a touch more of both cinnamon and clove and it's perfection!

sigpic

Comment

Too funny. I can't stand any kind of bread for breakfast -- toast, pancakes, waffles or cinnamon rolls. It's just too heavy for me. Give me an egg or egg white omelet and I'm cool beans. Bread makes me feel like total shit.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    Maybe just baked apples with cinnamon and a blob of vanilla ice cream? Baked apples are pretty straightforward and I'm sure there are a million different easy versions floating around Pinterest.
                    You could also do it in a crockpot for added ease!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                      You could also do it in a crockpot for added ease!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                      Good call! If I can convince DH to forgo the crust I will definitely do this. I realized I could also do a really easy baked apple crumble with crumbled GF ginger snaps - maybe that would be pie-like enough for him. Plus vanilla ice cream, definitely. But poor guy, one of these days I do need to figure out how to make the ONE dessert he likes.

Comment

Working...
                      X