Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Meal planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal planning

So, I've been pretty good with meal planning lately. I have a lot of recipes in Pepperplate, and I just add them to the day I want. I also add them to the shopping list feature, and then order all of my groceries online for delivery! The only issue is that it's very obvious when I'm in the mood for something. A whole week of chicken, a week of pasta, do we have to have a different casserole Does anyone use a "schedule" for different types of food and how do you handle overlapping dishes - so if I'm making a Mexican chicken and pasta dish, would I make it on the "Mexican" day, the "chicken" day or the "pasta" day??? I need instructions and structure, people!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

What is Pepperplate?

I really need to get back in the swing of doing this...I've fallen out of practice of planning - I basically stopped doing so during 1st trimester because I was so sick.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Pepperplate is a meal planning/recipe website and app. You can import or manually add recipes (you can even add things like "pick up XXX" or "order pizza" and add no actual recipe). You can then add the recipes to a calendar or a shopping list or both. I sit down about every 4-6 days, pick my recipes for the week, and order my groceries. I obviously wanted pasta when I picked this week's recipes because we've eaten it for the past 5 days (not all the same recipe, but still). Then, when you're ready to cook, you basically pull up the calendar and tap the recipe. There's even a timer built in, so you can use it while cooking vs your micro or stove timer. There are a few things that annoy me:
      -the commands on the web, iPad, and iPhone are different for certain things
      -if you add a recipe to the calendar via the web, you have a couple steps until it's actually saved
      -if I add something to my calendar, then it should ask if I want it on my grocery list, too, instead of 2 steps
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I use eMeals, although it's more rigid and just gives you the 7 recipes for the week with an itemized grocery list. I don't like thinking about what to do each week, so it works for us. I also only use half the recipes sometimes so we can go out to eat or do leftovers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Love Pepperplate.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I did emeals for a while, but I or DH didn't like most of the recipes Plus, I want to cook my food that I like and not have 100% new stuff all the time!
            Jen

Comment

Is pepperplate free?
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yup

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                Jen

Comment

Are the recipes healthy/are there vegetarian options? We eat almost no meat at this point so a lot of meal plans don't work for us.

I'm so lazy...I could just go look but I like your recs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Pepperplate doesn't have any of it's own recipes - you put your own in or import them from different websites

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                    Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X