Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Crock pot side dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crock pot side dish

Anyone got a good one? Baptism lunch is this weekend and I won't have a lot of prep time between the baptism and lunch. I'm making a sandwich spread, salad, fruit, warm potato salad, chips, and salsa/chip. I want one other warm side that I can make ahead. Ideas?
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

You could make a cheese queso or I have a fun cheeseburger soup recipe I could pass along.
    wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Crock pot spinach and artichoke dip? I know you said warm, but I have a great recipe for a make-ahead corn and black bean salsa in a lime cilantro vinaigrette. Sounds like a lot of work but it's basically putting veggies together and making a quick vinaigrette. It is hands-down the most requested side I have made in recent years. Again, not warm, but easy - and better after it's been sitting over night - and a crowd pleaser. Can be eaten with chips or just as a side.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

WPW reminds me of a great bean dip recipe I have called Texas Cavier. It's make ahead and let sit in the fridge for a couple days to make it taste better.
        wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

Love a copy of these recipes for dips please! I've got a party this weekend to cater. They sound lovely.

Thanks,

Dave
          Edited to keep on topic.
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm I'm more looking for something I can do overnight and have no prep for that utilizes the crockpot--I don't have to use it though
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Love texas caviar. May make thar

Comment

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
                Love a copy of these recipes for dips please! I've got a party this weekend to cater. They sound lovely.

Thanks,

Dave
                Edited to keep on topic.
                Here's the black bean and corn salsa one!

http://www.onceuponachef.com/2010/08...naigrette.html
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Hmm I'm more looking for something I can do overnight and have no prep for that utilizes the crockpot--I don't have to use it though
                  I hear ya - I'm at a loss, in that case! Hope you find something awesome

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks.
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

What about baked beans? Molasses and bacon (+usually mustard depending on recipe) is AMAZING and you can't really ruin them. They're perfect for the crock pot!
                      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

That was my first though--weird with sandwiches?

Comment

Think of a picnic. Baked beans totally go with sandwiches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          -Deb
                          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

This is a family favorite. Cook the meat then dump it and the rest of the ingredient into the crockpot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398119494.919960.jpg
                            Kris

Comment

Baked beans it is

Comment

Working...
                              X