Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cheesecake Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesecake Recipes

If you have a great cheesecake recipe, would you mind sharing it? I've never made one but DH requested one for his birthday this weekend.

He typically likes things (not necessarily cheesecake) with Oreos, fruit, or anything coffe/Kahlua/Tiramisu flavored (but honestly, he really likes most everything). I have browsed Pinterest but thought maybe someone here had a tried and true recipe to share. Sometimes sorting through all the Pinterest hits is sooo tedious.

Thanks in advance!
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Ohhh, it's been so long since I made a cheesecake! Let me see if I can find my recipes.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Whoa, am I good or what. It took me about 45 seconds to put my hands on my recipe for Triple Chocolate Vanilla Cheesecake. Here it is:

1 & 1/2 c finely crushed oreos
      2 Tablespoon Butter, melted
      4 (8oz each) packages of cream cheese, softened
      1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
      4 eggs
      1/3 c unsifted flour
      1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
      6 (1oz each) squares semi-sweet chocolate, melted
      1/2 cup whipping cream

Combine oreo crumbs and butter, press firmly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, flour, and vanilla; mix well. Remove half of the batter into a second bowl.

Add 1/3 of the chocolate; mix well. Pour chocolate batter into the prepared pan over the oreo crumbs. Then top evenly with the vanilla batter.

Bake 50-55 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly touched. Do not overcook. Remove from oven and carefully cut away from the pan with a knife. COOL COMPLETELY (several hours, maybe overnight). The cake may settle and/or crack as it cools.

Prepare chocolate glaze: Mix remaining chocolate with whipping cream and stir until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; spread over cheesecake. The glaze will be smooth and glossy and will cover cracks.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Comment

Oh. My. God. DROOLING. Ask and you shall receive, huh?? This fits the bill and then some. Thank you for sharing!
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Two things:

Do you par-bake the Oreo crust at all before adding the batter?

And second (because I've never made an actual cheesecake - only bars - nor used a spring form pan) do you remove the spring part immediately after removing from the oven, or wait for it to cool a bit before removing the ring?

sigpic

Comment

I don't prebake the oreo crust.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't remove it from the pan until it is cooled completely.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X