Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

lowfat recipes and food suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry. Feel better soon. I'm glad your DH is home this time.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh, dear. No heavy dressings on the salad? I think I read that going too low-calorie isn't great either, so maybe the just-a-potato wasn't terrific? Sucks to feel your way through with nothing but a GIANT RAGING AGONY to tell you where you took a wrong turn!

When I was following a lot of the hippy-crunchy circles, I recall that people would try to drink boatloads of apple juice on the premise that it could break up gallstones. Couldn't hurt to step up the apples while you wait for the surgeon consult? :\
      Alison

Comment

If it's a stone, it could just be blocking the duct now and then right? It might not be triggered, just mobile. I'm so sorry. I HATE being scared to eat anything.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

The salad was a rice noodle salad (with chicken, cabbage, red pepper, red onion). The dressing was an oil/vinegar dressing. Really light, and very little oil.

That's a good point about the stone just bobbing up and down blocking my duct whenever it feels like it. . Ooof. I think my gall bladder is gonna have to go. I can't live like this. I'm totally willing to make diet and lifestyle changes, but after a week of making big changes, today's gallbladder attack was so unexpected. I think I have to carry around my pills at all times now. I could barely even open the lid when it was happening.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Dh: What's that you're making?
            Me: Lentil soup from scratch.
            Dh: Smells so good. I'm gonna be farting even more than usual on the plane tomorrow!

Boys!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              Dh: What's that you're making?
              Me: Lentil soup from scratch.
              Dh: Smells so good. I'm gonna be farting even more than usual on the plane tomorrow!

Boys!
              I hope things go smoothly with surgery. This year needs to be over for you guys!
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
              X