Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's on your holiday menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your holiday menu?

I've got to pull mine together and hit the grocery store.

What are you cooking up?
    -Ladybug

Lobster bisque for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day I'm contributing eggs Benedict casserole and poinsettas for breakfast
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Easy dinner menu: snow crab, green beans, cheddar bay biscuits. Regular breakfast and lunch.

We usually do a prime rib roast, but we'll have that at my parents on the 26th. DH doesn't like hot ham
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Are you working through dinner, Cassy? I remember everyone brining food having holiday feasts at the nursing stations

I can't decide, I'm hobbling around on a sprained ankle, so I just handed the reigns to DH. He loves to cook or pick up Chinese food a la The Christmas Story. I can't do it this year. I've done everything else.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Good decision, Ladybug! Rest and heal!

We didn't have a Thanksgiving celebration so we're having the whole family for Christmas Eve (my parents, his parents, and my brother.) I'm making a boneless pork leg roast, oysters (DH wants to make oyster cakes, we're still hashing that out) potatoes gratin, braised cabbage, and rolls. My mom is bringing a green bean side and a broccoli side. My brother is bringing pumpkin pie for dessert. Everyone's staying the night so I'm also making cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, and I bought a stollen to round out the breakfast offerings.
          Alison

Comment

I have no idea. We are going out for dim sum for Christmas Day lunch but I still don't know xmas eve or breakfast or dinner.
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Yum! I need to look up oyster cakes I lllooovve oysters!

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
              Good decision, Ladybug! Rest and heal!

We didn't have a Thanksgiving celebration so we're having the whole family for Christmas Eve (my parents, his parents, and my brother.) I'm making a boneless pork leg roast, oysters (DH wants to make oyster cakes, we're still hashing that out) potatoes gratin, braised cabbage, and rolls. My mom is bringing a green bean side and a broccoli side. My brother is bringing pumpkin pie for dessert. Everyone's staying the night so I'm also making cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, and I bought a stollen to round out the breakfast offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                Yum! I need to look up oyster cakes I lllooovve oysters!
                We get huge, massive oysters here, shells the size of your hand and meat the size of...something 3 inches long by over an inch wide. I think DH is planning to oven roast them so they par-cook and open, then chop them and use them in a typical crabcake recipe. We might be improvising, I'll let you know how it goes.
                Alison

Comment

DH makes sushi every year for xmas eve. Still trying to figure out xmas dinner.
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                    DH makes sushi every year for xmas eve. Still trying to figure out xmas dinner.
                    Yum! Does he make miso soup too?
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Ah crap, I just realized we don't have Christmas breakfast planned...maybe I'll just do canned cinnamon rolls bacon and eggs...

Dinner is filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, and sautéed brussel sprouts with bacon...dessert is a mixed berry pie with ice cream.

Comment

MrsMD, dinner sounds yum! We're doing takeout Chinese and Willy Wonka-ing this shit with massive amounts of junk food and watching movies all day long. Real food be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                          Yum! Does he make miso soup too?
                          We've never made it from scratch, but we add goodies to a mix (seaweed, tofu, scallions, etc). We're also serving with edamame, pickled ginger, and wasabi (real). Should be fun. I grew up having live crab off the docks, but I'm about as far from the coast as one can get, so we adopted DH's family sushi tradition.

Christmas morning is vegan monkey-bread (like cinnamon buns, but small balls) but last year, MIL accidentally called it "Monkeyballs" and now my dirty mind just can't think of it as monkey bread anymore. I'm a 12 year old boy.
                          Last edited by scrub-jay; 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I haven't decided yet. Procrastination!!! Maybe pot roast, Spaetzle with and without Swiss cheese and Brussels sprouts ....
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm starting to get a plan. A breakfast casserole that I can make the night before and cook in the morning for Xmas morning. Then a veggie pot pie for dinner. Dessert - don't know yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X