Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grandma's Anytime Crepes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandma's Anytime Crepes

I write a column for an online magazine called "Tiny House Magazine". My column is called "The Cozy Kitchen: Tips and tricks to cooking in a tiny home". Though the articles are geared towards people who live in tiny homes, the recipes are designed to be efficient and delicious and may be appreciated by anyone. I though I'd share some of them with you guys. This is last December's recipe but we had these crepes for breakfast this morning, it's my grandmother's recipe that i've enjoyed my entire life. There's always a bunch left over and they're great for sweet or savory meals for days after you make them. Hope you enjoy!IMG_4573_2.JPG
    Grandma’s Anytime Crepes

Makes 14, 9-Inch Crepes
    Total Time: 20-30 minutes

Ingredients
    2 Cups Flour
    ¾ Cups Powdered Sugar
    1 Tsp Salt
    2 Cups Milk
    4 Eggs
    Butter

Optional Toppings
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Nutella
    Jam
    Whipped Cream
    Sauteed Spinach, mushrooms and onions
    Holiday Leftovers

Dishes, Utensils and Appliances
    Large Frying Pan
    Large and Medium Mixing Bowls
    Whisk or Electric Mixer
    Spatula
    Measuring Cups

Directions

1) Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in large mixing bowl.
    2) Combine milk and eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
    3) Slowly add wet ingredients to dry, whisking or beating with mixer until smooth.
    4) Preheat frying pan on medium/medium-high heat.
    5) Add ¼ tsp butter to hot pan.
    6) Pour ¼- ½ cup batter into hot frying pan. Rotate pan to spread batter evenly across the pan. If the batter doesn’t coat the bottom of the pan add a little more, if it coats it too thickly use less batter for the next crepe. Crepes are meant to be thinner than a tortilla shell, not thick like a pancake.
    7) When the crepe is cooked through in the middle, flip it over.
    8) Once the crepe is speckled brown on both sides and crispy on the edge, remove it from the pan and continue cooking the next crepe until you run out of batter. Each one should get better as you cook them. Adjust the amount of batter and cooking time as desired.
    9) Serve and enjoy with an infinite number of toppings and fillers.

This looks awesome!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I can't wait to try these! Yum!

Comment

Yum!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks!!!!!! Can't wait tomake them.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X