Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Tortilla Soup

Hi!! I've been wanting to share this recipe with everyone!!! Let me know what you think! Its a family favorite over here!!

Heat to simmer 1 1/2 Q of chicken broth*. Add 1 Chicken breast (w/skin and bones for best flavor). Cook for about 20 min (or until cooked through). Transfer to plate, let cool and discard skin and bones (if used) then shred the meat...

In a large heavy pot, heat:
    2T olive oil
    Add: 1 Anahiem green pepper** ( seeded and thinly sliced )
    1/2 medium yellow onion
    2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced),
    salt to taste
    Cook until soft ~5 min

Pour in the hot broth then add 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, ( i've never peeled or seeded) and diced or 3 small canned whole tomatoes, dried chipotle, seeds removed (optional)

Bring to a boil then simmer and cook for 30 min.
    Add shredded chicken meat and heat through ( DO NOT BOIL)
    taste for salt

Tortilla Strips: Fry in small batches
    1/2 cup of veg oil
    4 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 in strips

wait for the oil to get hot, add your strips, let them get crips, put on a plate with paper towel and sprinkle with salt.

Garnishes: 1/2 cup of chopped Cilantro
    6 lime wedges
    4 ounces or more of queso fresco
    radishes
    cubed avocado

* I use the little chicken boullion cubes and works great
    ** i've never used anaheim green peppers, but i have used regular green, red and orange peppers and both the red and orange bring a different taste to the soup but delicious!

Once i'm dont with the tortilla strips, my soup will usually be all done and the meat heated all the way through....

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!!
    wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Yum! Thanks!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Sounds fantastic!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Looks yummy! I love a good tortilla soup!
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Thanks guys!! Writing the recipe made me want to have it for dinner. Hubby thought something bad had happened? Wt? I WOULDNT BRIBE you with food?? What kind of wife do you think I am??!! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
          X