Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cassoulet and soda bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassoulet and soda bread

Ironman training is all the time DW isn't working now. So I'm taking solace in cooking...

Caramelised red onion and emental soda bread.

To go with the cassoulet in progress.

You're never lonely in the kitchen, sigh.
    Using Tapatalk

Dude!! [MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION] You cannot post that and not add the recipe. C'on...
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

It's the GBBO and this was on the show this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pr...hego_and_15148

I swapped in emental for manchego.

Cassoulet there is no one recipe. It's fought about all over France! My favourite dishes are the old classic peasant farming recipes.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Yum!!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I looooove soda bread. I've even baked it in an oven in Kenya that only had an on and off switch (no temp setting). So good!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
            Ironman training is all the time DW isn't working now. So I'm taking solace in cooking...

Caramelised red onion and emental soda bread.

To go with the cassoulet in progress.

You're never lonely in the kitchen, sigh.
            He's ironman training?? Oh my gosh that's a full time job in itself! I've done a half ironman for the past two years and even that becomes a burden/ strains our relationship. I wish my hubby could train with me, but he doesn't have the time or the energy due to residency. Have you thought about going on swims/runs/bikes/ cross training or yoga with him?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Grace

Comment

[MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION] That looks delicious! Your wife wouldn't notice a bunch of IMSNers moving in for a bit, right? I'll earn my keep, feel free to put me to work!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                [MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION] That looks delicious! Your wife wouldn't notice a bunch of IMSNers moving in for a bit, right? I'll earn my keep, feel free to put me to work!
                Omg my bad, DW stands for Dr Wife? I'm new here all these acronyms are still throwing me off. My apologies! Insert she for he in my reply!

Grace

Comment

I feel your pain, [MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION]. Are the girls in school? I don't know what the calendar is like over there. We start back to school next week, and while they're away I'm kind of hoping that I can join in on some of hubby's rides just to get a little together time, the way we did back in med school.

I made ordinary soda bread for the first time a couple of months ago, it's so quick compared to yeast bread! And caramelized onions...swoon.
                  Alison

Comment

I want bread so badly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

OMG, that looks so good I think I can smell it.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                        Omg my bad, DW stands for Dr Wife? I'm new here all these acronyms are still throwing me off. My apologies! Insert she for he in my reply!

No worries!

Always space around the table here for folk, particularly when you come with offers of help!
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                          I feel your pain, [MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION]. Are the girls in school? I don't know what the calendar is like over there. We start back to school next week, and while they're away I'm kind of hoping that I can join in on some of hubby's rides just to get a little together time, the way we did back in med school.

I made ordinary soda bread for the first time a couple of months ago, it's so quick compared to yeast bread! And caramelized onions...swoon.
                          I ended up cycling with her on her 19 mile run. Was good to chat and she was getting bored on the longer runs so win win.

Thinking I'll do a Moroccan slow roasted mutton shoulder this weekend.... You guessed it she's got another 90 mile ride to do.
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X