Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

KitchenAid Mixer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
    How do you use it for matzo balls? Just to mix up the matzo meal, eggs, and oil?
    Not the way my family makes matzo balls. We make them from scratch using secret family recipes. Great grandma Mariasha's even have fillings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      Not the way my family makes matzo balls. We make them from scratch using secret family recipes. Great grandma Mariasha's even have fillings.

I am intrigued! I just use Streit's.

Comment

Look up Knedelach with Neshama. It's specific to the region of Lithuania where some of my ancestors are from. Also, look up Hungarian matzo balls soup. It has tomatoes.

Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
          The mother effing factory store is an hour and a half away. I'm brushing my teeth and hopping in the car.
          This cracked me up! You go girl!! Do they have the copper colored one?
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=5087]MrsInTheMiddle[/MENTION] how do you use the meat grinder for salsa and sauce? DH got me the attachment for Christmas last year but I don't really like to eat ground meat so It hasn't come out of the box. I'd love to find some other things I could do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

5 quart artisan mixers are on Zulily today. $260. Looks like they're $280 on Amazon.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

There is a Black Friday deal at the navy exchange store (military) for $209 for the artisan... But I can't decide between the artisan or about $70 more for the Costco pro one on sale. Ahhhhhh. First world problem.

We plan to keep it on the counter and my kids will bake. With 6 people in the house including teenagers... I double or triple everything.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                  With 6 people in the house including teenagers... I double or triple everything.
                  You need to go for the biggie!
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

You probably need the big one, though I can say it can be frustrating to work with small amounts of stuff (like whip one cup of cream) with even our Artisan model.

Hehe DH and I drooled over the copper model when we were registering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Get the big one! I've been wishing for the last 6 years (since I had my third child) that I had a bigger mixer. I just can't justify an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                      X