Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Instant Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use mine about twice a week right now. Recently I've done Irish beef stew, chicken cacciatore, whole roast chicken, bolonese (trying to use tomatoes from the garden) and roast beef. Next on the list is my chicken and mushroom barley risotto.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
      Next on the list is my chicken and mushroom barley risotto.
      A post in the IP community about risotto intrigued me today. But I don't get how the starch develops if you don't stir it??
      Alison

Comment

I did the Indian Chicken recipe in mine, and it was really good! I need to do that again, now that I'm thinking about it...
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
          A post in the IP community about risotto intrigued me today. But I don't get how the starch develops if you don't stir it??
          I don't know. I'm gonna try though

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
            I did the Indian Chicken recipe in mine, and it was really good! I need to do that again, now that I'm thinking about it...
            Jenn's? I've found that adapting slow cooker recipes works amazeballs. I have definitely had my eye on that one for a future IP dinner.
            Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
              Jenn's? I've found that adapting slow cooker recipes works amazeballs. I have definitely had my eye on that one for a future IP dinner.
              Yes! I forget how long I cooked it - maybe 15 minutes with boneless chicken thighs? Pretty much most of my IP cooking is adapted slow cooker recipes.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                Yes! I forget how long I cooked it - maybe 15 minutes with boneless chicken thighs? Pretty much most of my IP cooking is adapted slow cooker recipes.
                Cool! I've been doing 10-12 minutes with bone-in thighs (plus a bit of NPR, like 10-15 minutes.) https://paleopot.com/recipe/instant-pot-chicken-thighs/
                Alison

Comment

I've been meaning to buy one for years... my friend started a great blog of recipes, but I think she must have quit (her second baby was a bad sleeper and her husband traveled a ton... I may have to remind her that she hasn't posted anything new in months!).

Going to try to remember to order one tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                    I've been meaning to buy one for years... my friend started a great blog of recipes, but I think she must have quit (her second baby was a bad sleeper and her husband traveled a ton... I may have to remind her that she hasn't posted anything new in months!).

Going to try to remember to order one tomorrow.

Needs

Comment

I bought one... I'm excited. (I probably won't even use it... but I have high expectations!)

Comment

I've had mine for going on 2 years and still haven't used it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Our absolute favorite thing to do in the IP is ribs. One rack or even two if we have guests, each rack cut in half. A big bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, a diced onion, a couple tsp of liquid smoke, and a cup of water. 50-60 minutes high pressure depending on size. Then finish them on a cookie sheet (parchment lined) doused in the sauce, oven at 350. It thickens the sauce and crisps the edges. Totally amazing.
                          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

So I am going to ask for one for Christmas! I love the idea of crock pot cooking but MUCH faster. I have a rice cooker already so that will be how I use it.

Any advice on models or kinds? Also, was there a cookbook that helped you get started? My 13 year old boy has eaten like an adult for years so a warm, healthy meal that reheats well is always something that helps me with my week!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I love my Instant Pot brand. I have a 3qt and a 6qt. The IP facebook group is helpful, but mostly I just Google recipes or make them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X