Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking

Finally happy and content to be back in the kitchen baking.

Made a banana bread for the residents this Wednesday. Already know it won't be enough so I've decided to be ambitious and make some croissants and doughnuts from scratch oh and some chocolate pastries.

Also using this time to see if it's doable to start my business as well. Figured could start with something small like decorated sugar cookies. Hopefully I can do it but we will see
    wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Yum! If I lived closer, I would totally be a tester. 🍪

What kind of business would you have? Custom cookies? A bakery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Im ready to eat that entire loaf. yummmm...
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'd like to sign up to be a tester, too! 😀

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
          Yum! If I lived closer, I would totally be a tester. 🍪

What kind of business would you have? Custom cookies? A bakery?

I was thinking custom cookies to start and see where I go with that. My dream would be a bakery where I made mostly everything from scratch but it's going to be a while before I get there. I'm making all these breakfast goodies so hubby can take to the rest of the residents on Wednesday and hopefully get some feedback. I know the ladies in the clinic asked for some more crumb cake. I just finished rolling some dough for croissant 😋 and I'll be taking photos too in case I decide to sell in the future. My hope/plan/goal is when I'm ready and decide to take the plunge is to have an invite to my launch where one can pay an x amount of money to come eat some desserts and goodies and hopefully it can cover some of the cost of ingredients but that will take a whole different type of planning. I also had hoped to make pies for thanksgiving but I'm more on the fence on that since I feel like I am in country where people make their own pies.

Comment

I want to eat these myself

Comment

Those look amazing

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Thank you. I'm so nervous though. I wish I could make double of everything so I can taste it myself lol

Comment

Oh wow, they look delish!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Doughnuts in progress

Croissants baking.... I can already tell I need to practice making these. But the kitchen smells great!

Comment

Mmmm

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Um, wow. Those look incredible!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yum! Incredible! How did it all turn out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          Grace

Comment

Doughnuts! I feel like everything but the croissants came out pretty well. I'm nervous as hell cause I made all these from new recipes I've had and want to eventually maybe sell? Not quite sure but for sure I need to make everything over again to practice. So tomorrow all the surgery residents including attending, medical students and clinical staff will have to choose from doughnuts (with pastry cream filling ), apple turnovers, chocolate pastries and chocolate raspberry pastries, banana bread and I really wish my croissants had come out flakier but while they taste like it they are too dense
                            The idea that they have another thing to choose from and I don't have it available is bothering me but I have to repeat to myself I've made more than enough unless I quickly make another crumb cake.

Just tell me to stop lol

Comment

Omg those look amazing. I'm sure they will love everything you made! 🍩🍪

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X