Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Tenderloin

Does anyone have an easy marinade for a pork tenderloin?
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I make a teriyaki marinade that we really like. I've also used the stuff you can buy in a jar, but the home made stuff tastes better, IMO.

1 clove garlic
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon water
    1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
    1/8 teaspoon coarsley ground pepper
    1 pork tenderloin, about 3/4 pound

Peel and finely chop the garlic and mix it with the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, lemon juice, oil and pepper in a glass or plastic dish. Put the pork in, cover and refrigerate. I find that about two hours is the minimum for a good taste, but overnight is too much. Don't forget to turn it (I ALWAYS forget).

This is a basic Betty Crocker recipe, but we think its good. Hope you enjoy!

Comment

Darn, Luanne, I thought you were posting a recipe for a pork tenderloin sandwich (one of my favorite things though healthy they are not!).
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
        Darn, Luanne, I thought you were posting a recipe for a pork tenderloin sandwich (one of my favorite things though healthy they are not!).
        Mmm! I love to put a pork tenderloin into the slow cooker until it falls apart and then douse it with some Dinosaur BBQ sauce. SO good.

Comment

Try this one...

1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
          3/4 cup olive oil
          6 cloves garlic, sliced
          2 teaspoons salt
          6 tablespoons dried oregano
          2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins

Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake sealed bag until ingredients are well mixed. Taste the marinade for tartness. If too tart, add a little more oil. Not enough zing, add more lime. The garlic and salt flavors should also be up front, yet not overpowering. Place tenderloins in the bag, seal, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 5 hours.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
          X