Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

South Beach recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Beach recipes

I have been following the South Beach diet (not strictly) for a couple of weeks, and it is so easy to follow, but I am running out of ideas. Anyone follow this diet? The key for me was I went through my kitchen and took all foods not wanted and gave them to a friend of mine. It is pretty easy if the food is not in the house.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Have you been on their website? They have a ton of recipes and eating out ideas.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have lost 8 pounds!!!!!! The diet is really just eating healthy. I love pasta and have found a whole grain pasta, I plan to try it tonight. Apparently whole wheat is not the best for the diet unless it is whole grain. I didn't know there was a difference.
      Luanne
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

8 pounds! That's great, Luanne!

Comment

WARNING : BRAGGING TO FOLLOW

I had to come back to this topic, today I bought two skirts SIZE 8 and 2 medium tops!!!! In September I was a 12/14 and Lg/XL .I have pretty much stuck with the South Beach recipes (loosely) and way of eating. The best was my daughter telling me how good I looked (she is my worst critic).
          Luanne

Comment

Way to go, Luanne!! :weight:

You have every right to brag!! Be sure to post some recipes when you get a chance!

Comment

WOW! I might have to try it after all! I'm size 10/12 and long to be a size 8. (Never, never in my life have I broken past 10 except my brief anorexic colleg phase - when I went straight down to 2. and then back up to 10 when I started eating again.) I think South Beach is a pretty healthy diet plan, isn't it? (Unlike Atkins and Slim Fast type things that are inherently unbalanced.)
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Way to go Luanne! That is SO impressive. I think I was a size 8 in 4th grade ... then not-so-much. Good for you.

Comment

It really is healthy eating, the first two weeks are sort of like boot camp but actually pretty easy. My DH likes everything I cook. I have the South Beach Book which has enough recipes to keep you busy for awhile. We just got the new cook book and the recipes are basically healthy cooking. It is nice to have a plan to guide me. It is an easy plan and in the "phase 3" it is appropriate for all family members.
                  Luanne

Comment

Working...
                  X