Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tradition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradition

What is your one traditional dish that you just have to have at Thanksgiving dinner?
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

My Mother's Cranberry Salad

one small package raspberry jello
    one cup hot water
    1/2 cup cold water
    one small orange chopped
    1/2 cup crushed pineapple
    1/4 cup chopped nuts
    one can whole berry cranberry sauce

Mix jello with water and chill til partially thickened, fold in all other ingredients. chill til firm.
    This is great the day after on a turkey sandwhich!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Corn bread stuffing.
      My mom always made corn bread from scratch and used that for the stuffing, but my sister has raised the bar in the last few years. She makes this herb stuffing with bacon in it that is awesome!!! She got the recipe off of epicurious. My dh and I have made it a few times and it takes all day practically but it is worth it.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

You're making me hungry. I can't ever pick just one thing. For me it would be mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes w/ pears, raw and cooked cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin and either pecan or a fruit pie. The one thing I could live without would be the turkey.

Sue, both of those stuffing recipes sound really good. That is one thing I always have a hard time deciding on.

Comment

It would be a toss-up- either my mom's sausage stuffing (she always has to double the amount) or my grandfather's oyster stuffing. Now, Oyster stuffing might sound gross to you southerners, but it's just fab.

Jenn

Comment

The Jacob's family rolls, of course!

Take hungry jack biscuits (the regular ones in the green can), tear each biscuit of dough into 3 pieces and roll into balls. Shake the balls in parmesan cheese (in a baggie) and place into pie pan coated with melted butter and a shake of all of the "seed" spices you have (poppy, sesame, fennel, caraway ... I can't think of anymore at the moment).

Bake @ 350 until golden brown and flip out onto plate so seed-side is up. DELISH!

Comment

Working...
            X