Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rice Krispie Treats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice Krispie Treats

So, I have to tell you that my mother is brilliant.

She always made 'alternative' rice krispies treats- and added creamy peanut butter to the mix. and they were darned tasty.

But, she had this jar of nutella that she and my dad both hated- and voila- the world's greatest rice krispie treat- EVER.

I don't know when she added it or if she replaced the butter or not (probably not because she's a size 2 and forgets that normal people have to watch fat and calories) but as soon as she gets home from her packing my grandmother off to the home, I'll ask

I highly recommend the Nutella addition.

Jenn

Mentally all I can say is UCK. Not a nutella fan ... but if your parents aren't either, maybe it works. I found this one online and we liked it here. It's rice krispie treats w/an Indian flair.

Indian Spiced Rice Treats
    Submitted by: SHOPILL
    Rated: 4 out of 5 by 1 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
    Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 25 Minutes
    Yields: 24 servings
    "This is a variation on the traditional crispy rice cereal treat with an international twist! Cashews, golden raisins and cardamom are thrown into the mix for an exotic Indian flair."
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup unsalted butter
    1 (10 ounce) package
    miniature marshmallows
    6 cups crispy rice cereal

1 teaspoon ground cardamom
    1 cup chopped unsalted
    cashew nuts
    1 cup golden raisins
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. In a large bowl, toss together the cereal, cashew nuts and raisins. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows and cardamom until smooth. Pour in the cereal mixture, and stir until evenly coated. Spread evenly in a greased baking dish, and pat down lightly. Cool, and cut into squares.

Comment

OMG. I never thought of putting Nutella in Rice Krispies treats. That sounds so good. You must report back.

Comment

Ummm, that sounds yummy! I'm tryin to gear myself up to make some treats with some cereal that my kids have turned their noses up at. It's peanut butter toast crunch (alternate version of cinnamon toast crunch). Too bad I don't have any nutella in stock, that would be extra delicious.

My sister has a yummy alternative too. Make a batch of rice krispy treats, then melt a bunch of caramel with sweetened condensed milk and pour on top. Then make another batch of rice krispy treats and put that on top of the caramel mixture. Soooo yummy, but apain in the a** to make because you basically have to make the treats twice.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I love nutella and RCT. Gotta try some of these recipes.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
          X