Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Whats for dinner? (Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats for dinner? (Again)

I've decided that I'm tired of hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner so I pulled out the ol' recipe box. Here is what we've had the last few nights.

Chicken breasts in aluminum foil boats:

Chicken breasts
    sliced onions
    sliced carrots
    sliced asparagus
    sliced red peppers
    soy sauce
    garlic
    dab of butter

Wrap in aluminum foil tents and bake at 350 for 45 minutes until juices run clear.

Chicken salad portobellos

Par boil portobello mushroom caps. Fill with deli bought chicken salad. Top with baby swiss cheese. Put under broiler for 5 minutes.

Cheeseburger meatloaf

1 pound ground beef
    3/4 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 cup minced onion
    1 egg beaten
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
    1/3 c ketchup.

Mix the above. Place 1/2 mixture in loaf pan. Place slices of Velveeta down the middle. Place remaining mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Kelly[/u]
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Last night we had poached salmon and steamed asparagus. Yum-my. Tonight I'm going to take the leftovers of both and make a frittata with some parmesan included.

Tomorrow- pork chops with something....

Jenn

PS-I'm cleaning out my freezer to determine what I need to buy in the next few weeks. Last time we moved from DC to TX we had tons of extras that we ended up giving away. Not this time!

Comment

Yeah! It is group soup tonight -- chicken tortilla.

Have I posted this?

Fish Tacos

Frozen Crunchy fish fillets (haven't tried the unbreaded but those would be good too)
      Corn tortillas
      bag of shredded cabbage (undressed coleslaw mix)
      Ranch dressing or sour cream
      Salsa

Bake fish according to box directions. For the last five minutes, put tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven to warm. Put a piece of fish or two on the tortilla, add some cabbage, dressing and salsa.

Bean and Corn soup

One can Fiesta Corn (Kuner brand)
      One can seasoned black beans

Combine and heat. Serve with quesadillas. (Go make yourself a dang quesadilla!)

White Bean Soup

Add a little olive oil to a sauce pan, heat, add some crushed garlic. Before the garlic browns, add a can or two of cannellini beans and maybe some water. Season w/ salt, pepper, and rosemary. Yummy with parmesan on top and a salad. Or parmesan on baguette run under the broiler.

Comment

Arby's!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

But I am going to have to try some of these recipes, if I am ever home to fix them! (Organized sports.......grrrrr)

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I've also been trying to declutter the freezer and be creative as we haven't done grocery shopping in almost a month. On Sunday I found some chicken breast and marinara sauce and we had chicken parm. Today we'll still be finishing the leftovers and tomorrow I think I'll make rice and beans with shrimp (it's become my default I'm-too-lazy-to-cook dinner).

Comment

For once I actually have a menu made for the week.
            Last night--leftovers.
            Tonight--Barbecued chicken, corn on cob, biscuits.
            Rest of week--chicken waldorf salad, hamburgers and baked beans, ladle it on lasagna, and salmon croquettes.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
            X