Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Banoffee Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banoffee Pie

Banoffee Pie

This is very sweet and great for toffee lovers.

- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
    - 2 graham cracker pie crusts, 8 inch
    - 3 large bananas
    - whipped cream
    - tablespoon of hot chocolate

1. Boil (yes, I said boil) both cans of condensed milk in a saucepan for 2 hours. You must make sure that the water level covers the cans at all times, otherwise they can explode.
    2. Remove cans from water and transfer contents to a bowl. The milk should now be a golden caramel colour.
    3. Refrigerate toffee until cool.
    4. Line pie crusts with banana slices, pour in a layer of toffee. Alternate between layers of banana and toffee until the pie crust is full.
    5. Cover with a layer of whipped cream.
    6. Sprinkle with hot chocolate.
    7. Keep covered and refrigerated.

This pie usually keeps for a day, maybe two, depending on how fresh the bananas are.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

that sounds divine! when you say 'boil both cans' you mean to put the cans in a pot of boiling water for 2 hours? I've never heard of such a thing! I'm glad you mentioned the part about water covering the cans, or I would have dumped the cans into a pot and tried to boil the milk for 2 hours.

don't think it would have created the desired result.

i can't wait to have an excuse to try this.

Comment

Yes, put the actual cans full of milk in boiling water for two hours but make sure the water is covering them completely and top it up when it gets low. It does sound strange but it's well worth it. I'm always amazed at the results!
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Re: Banoffee Pie

Originally posted by sp2809
        1. Boil (yes, I said boil) both cans of condensed milk in a saucepan for 2 hours. You must make sure that the water level covers the cans at all times, otherwise they can explode.
        2. Remove cans from water and transfer contents to a bowl. The milk should now be a golden caramel colour.
        I read in a cooking magazine that this is an easy way to make a pretty good imitation dulce de leche. Haven't tried it, but now I'm curious.
        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Working...
        X