Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?

please share here!

I've always just been a 'back 'o the Nestle bag' kind of girl ... but I know there is more out there! I made one from allrecipes.com today, and it's good ... but I'm not sure it's any better than the Nestle one.

I usually do the back of the bag recipe on the Ghiradelli bag and add in some oats and raisins or dried cranberries and/or nuts or dried coconut if I have it. I also have one of those "Neiman Marcus" ones but it is different than the one usually floating around. Hey, they even have it on their website:
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/servi ... cipe.jhtml

Sometimes I forget I have this in my book but it's probably my favorite.

Comment

My college roomate won @ the 4h fairs and was famous for her choc chip cookies. She used 1/2 crisco & 1/2 butter instead of all butter or margerine like the Tollhouse recipe called for. I think she refrigerated the dough overnight. They were good !!

Comment

Mmmm, chocolate chip cookies. I've tried lots of different recipes, but the favorite one I keep coming back to is the one from the Mrs Fields Cookie Book. I think it's pretty similar to the one on the back of the Ghiradelli package.

Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
        1/2 tsp baking soda
        1/4 tsp salt
        1 cup dark brown sugar
        1/2 cup white sugar
        1 cup salted butter, softened
        2 large eggs
        2 tsp vanilla extract
        12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together. In another bowl blend sugars together with butter until grainy paste is formed. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Blend together at low speed. Bake at 300 degrees for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown.
        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

I just made a batch over the weekend and I thought they were better than what I've made before. The difference for me was using all brown sugar and no white sugar, and adding just a little cinnamon. I also make sure not to overbake so they'll stay soft for a few days. I don't like crispy cookies.

1 cup butter
          1 1/2 cups brown sugar
          2 large eggs
          2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
          1 tsp salt
          1 tsp baking soda
          1 tsp vanilla
          12 ounces chocolate chips

Let batter cool in fridge, then roll/mold into balls and bake at 325 for 9 or 10 minutes. I used a cookie scoop.

Comment

I usually use the recipe on the back of the nestle bag as well. I love adding chopped walnuts though. It makes it for me.
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I think somewhere on here is the Cherry Garcia cookies- they're chocolate chips (dark, milk, white) with dried cherries (soaked in Cherry brandy) and macadamia nuts. Orgasmic

If you can't find them, I'll repost. I just (as with everything else I own) don't have access to it at the moment.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
              X