Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Lean Cuisine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean Cuisine

So, every Monday at lunch time I go to the grocery store and buy five frozen things for my lunches for the week. Lately I've been buying Lean Cuisine-

because they actually TASTE GOOD!

I had the mushroom and spinach panini yesterday, the thai pot stickers today. Last week I had Swedish meatballs that were yummy. Can't believe the vast improvement in flavor.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Jenn

Mmm, reminds me of my independent single girl days, in my first apartment in New York. Good times. Maybe I'll pick some up.

Comfort food comes in many forms.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

their basil chicken w/pasta is really yummy.

Comment

I agree. They are the only frozen meals I'll buy.

I really like:

Lasagna
        Potato with Cheddar and Broccoli
        Orange Chicken

and others, I'm sure.

Comment

They have a fabulous polish style cabbage roll. Since I'm the only person in the house that will eat cabbage rolls, this is the only time I get to eat one.

Now, where do we confess that our kids eat those kids' cuisine tv dinners? Or are we not admitting to that yet?

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly-

I wish- I think I have the only kid in America who thinks mac and cheese is gross. "I don't want it". ARGGGGH.

Oh, no, little Tsar Nikolai prefers his fries w/ aoili and his sandwiches on pumpernickel. He like blue cheese but not American cheese. Liverwurst but not hamburger. Pasta with spicy red pepper sauce but not spaghetti-o's. In fact the only way I can get him to eat spaghetti-o's is to let him spoon his own parmesan cheese onto it. After about a quarter inch across the bowl, it's apparently palatable.

and he'll eat vegetable samosas at the Indian place but won't touch a green bean.

Figures- I'm raising the future restaurant critic for the NY Times.

jenn

Comment

See, I just can't get into the Lean Cuisines. I will eat one in a pinch, but I wouldn't say they are cravable or even really good.

I am a food snob.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

When I was working I had one nearly everyday . . . .until I got sick of them. They do taste pretty good until you start have the same selections over and over. I loved the convenience, though. It was the easiest sack lunch I ever had to pack.
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Chicken Enchilada anyone?!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
                    Now, where do we confess that our kids eat those kids' cuisine tv dinners? Or are we not admitting to that yet?

Kelly
                    My kids don't eat those (I've given them once or twice and they barely touched them), but they do eat LOTS of stuff that deserves the emoticon.

I'm really trying to enforce the "you must try it" thing. I was really picky, so I have a hard time forcing the boys out of their comfort zones. I don't want to repeat my mother's mistake, though. She hated veggies, so never made me eat them. Now at 33 I'm trying to learn how to cook them and eat a more balanced diet all around. I've created a new rule that they must actually TRY what is presented to them. If they truly don't like it, I will make them a PB & J sandwich AFTER I've finished my meal. Jacob has been fantastic and suddenly very brave - Quinn less so. But so far (less than a week), I've only had to make 1 PB & J -- and he had to wait for it.

Comment

Jenn,

I don't tempt the Gods by asking why or how, but for some reason, my kids looooooove edamame (Japanese soy beans). You can buy them in the frozen veggies section at SuperTarget. They love that pop-out-of-the-shell experience and can't get enough of them. Um, okay?

I recommend having Quinn and Jacob trying those. Also, mild salsa mixed with can peaches count as a veggie.
                      Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jacob loves edamame. Quinn runs screaming if he sees it.

Neither of them would EVER touch salsa. Both are under the impression that they will:

1) Get darker "brown" as they get older (like Daddy)
                        2) Eat spicy foods when they are older (like Daddy) -- salsa would be construed as a spicy food to them.

Comment

I eat Lean Cuisines at work all the time. I just eat the vegetarian and fish selections though since I only eat kosher or organic meat/poultry.
                          They are pretty good but high in sodium me thinks? I like their Three Bean Chili, pizzas (actually do cook well in the microwave if you use their special lining) and Ravioli.
                          Smart Ones are pretty good too.

Jenn your kids crack me up!!

Comment

I add salt to them...
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Leyla, do you cook kosher at home? My husband is Jewish and I'm not. He loves what I call the "holiday foods". I find them bland and want to find recipes to spice things up. Please share if you have any good recipes.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X