Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed the first one and kind of skimmed some of the others. I'm on the last book in the series and have been back to enjoying it similarly to the first one for the last couple of books.

Comment

• I'm reading Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads, about 40% into it. So far, I'm not super impressed, but I'm starting a chapter about when and how to intervene with other parents, so maybe it'll get more useful. The first few chapters tried to create categories of parents, but they seemed so over the top, I can't think if anyone who actually fits them. Then again, we're just in preschool, so maybe parents are still trying to hide their crazy.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

• I'm reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff. It's about polygamy and I can't put it down.

Comment

• Anyone read Serena? There is a new Jennifer Lawrence movie coming out (at some point) based on it. The trailer caught my eye and the story looks interesting. I love reading historical novels about places I've been and this one is set in the smokies around the time the Great Smoky Mountain National Park was being created.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
            I'm reading The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff. It's about polygamy and I can't put it down.
            Loved that book! It sent me down one hell of a polygamy rabbit hole, though. There's a surprising number of books written about the subject. Fascinating!

Comment

• I'm reading The Secret Place by Tana French. I love her writing style and characters, even if the plots sometimes get a little weird.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

• anyone else pick up Murakami's new piece? I was excited to pick it up only to remember why I'd gotten tired of him.Not that I have much time to read anyhow. Need to seriously consider getting audio books for time in the car.

Have been intending to pick up another novel by Margaret Atwood. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bittersweet View Post
                  Loved that book! It sent me down one hell of a polygamy rabbit hole, though. There's a surprising number of books written about the subject. Fascinating!
                  Oh my goodness, I'm so going to look up more. Who would've thought?!

Comment

• I love Tana French. My favorite was The Likeness. She's so great with characters and plot. I love how she's threading her detective "series" backwards in time instead of forwards.

Angie
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                      I love Tana French. My favorite was The Likeness. She's so great with characters and plot. I love how she's threading her detective "series" backwards in time instead of forwards.

Angie
                      Omg Angie - so weird! I just got two of her books from the library today and was coming here to ask if others had read them and if they liked then! I'm starting In the Woods tonight and also have the likeness. So you're a fan? Are they creepy?
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• Also started '2 am at the Cat's Pajamas"via Overdrive last night. It's a quick read/listen but it's....different than I thought. I'm 50% of the way through and there are too many characters and not enough connections between them so far. Maybe that will change soon?
                        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• I wouldn't call Tana French "creepy" so much as clever. Into The Woods is probably the creepiest - at least as I remember it. She does a great job at dishing up Irish atmosphere and interesting detectives.

Now, Gillian Flynn? Creepy.

I'm about to start We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
                          http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/bo...anted=all&_r=0
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I read We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves a few months ago. I didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. I'll be curious to hear what you think!
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

• ^i read it a few weeks ago as well (listened actually) and felt similarly. I actually started out really liking it and it tapered off for me somewhere along the line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

• Exactly how I felt about it, WPW. I liked the beginning, but then it just ...wasn't as good after that.
                                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                                X