Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Goodreads.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodreads.com

Is anyone on GoodReads/like to be friends on GoodReads? I'm constantly looking for inspiration re: what to read next.

Speaking of, I've got an Audible credit for the month and can't decide what I want to use it on. A collection of David Sedaris essays? If so, which one? A newer-release fiction novel such as "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" (heard good things). Something different? What can you suggest that has been a great and/or captivating read for you recently?
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

I *LOVED* Where'd You Go, Bernadette? I highly recommend it, it was a GREAT read.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
      I *LOVED* Where'd You Go, Bernadette? I highly recommend it, it was a GREAT read.
      It's topping my list. Here's my next question: do you think it would be a better read in hard copy, or as an audio book? Being somewhat of an epistolary, I don't know if it would be confusing to listen to.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I dunno, I don't really do audio books.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'd go for a classic. A couple years ago, I borrowed an audio version of "Tale of Two Cities" for a road trip. It was magnificent. I was weeping by the end. The Life of Pi on audiobook was wonderful too.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

David Sederis can be sort of irritating on audio book. I enjoy him and his delivery but smaller doses a la This American Life are best. I cannot listen to him for hours.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The Help is phenomenal via audio book. I had a much harder time keeping track of characters when I read the book.
              Kris

Comment

I'm on Goodreads.com. I read a lot of stuff most people don't read. Pollyanna & ST may read the same stuff. LOL
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                  I'm on Goodreads.com. I read a lot of stuff most people don't read. Pollyanna & ST may read the same stuff. LOL
                  We might need a book club
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm on goodreads. But I pretty much only read vampire/witch fantasy stuff. An iMSNer's cousin (or sister?) and I read most of the same stuff.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I read mystery, thriller, non fiction politics/economics/history, and historical fiction.

For YA, my daughter just knocked off the Dresden series. Apparently, she was embarrassed she hadn't readr them since all her friends are always claiming that every new book is "a Dresden ripoff". She's a tough critic a seemed to really like that series. I may have to try a few.

Michele- my daughter reads tons of urban fantasy. Is that your genre?
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post

For YA, my daughter just knocked off the Dresden series. Apparently, she was embarrassed she hadn't readr them since all her friends are always claiming that every new book is "a Dresden ripoff". She's a tough critic a seemed to really like that series. I may have to try a few.

Michele- my daughter reads tons of urban fantasy. Is that your genre?
                        I assume she's polished off Charles DeLint's oeuvre if she's into urban fantasy? If not, she'd probably enjoy them!
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Ill check with her! She's always looking for new ones!
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                          X