Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2 Sitting Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Sitting Books?

What have you read that you couldn't put down? What books hooked you from the beginning? I don't have time for boring books.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I am Pilgrim

Us

Both really good (also very different from each other!!!).
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Second to I Am Pilgrim. It's a thriller though, not sure that's your genre. The beginning is a little slow as they set up the characters, but then you are stuck for a looooooong time in a great book with a driving plot. It's a "go away, I'm reading" type of book.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I couldn't put down "Bittersweet" when I read it last year - psychological thriller that really kept me guessing until the end.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
          I couldn't put down "Bittersweet" when I read it last year - psychological thriller that really kept me guessing until the end.
          Who is it by?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            Who is it by?
            Miranda Beverly-Whittemore. It's not The Best Book I've Ever Read, but damn if it wasn't gripping!
            Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I also enjoyed Bittersweet. It's kind of similar to We Were Liars, but both were good.

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I was sort of meh on Bittersweet, I thought it was ... weird, I guess. But it did keep me turning the pages, so there's that!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

What do you recommend? What books were you reading at stop lights.

Comment

In the last year, I've most enjoyed The Cuckoo's Calling and The Secret Place, but then, I'm a mystery girl. I didn't like Bittersweet.
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Bittersweet was readable but not memorable.
                      Angie

Comment

I agree - I have to say I wasn't even a huge fan of the ending/story in general but it kept me guessing until the very end and that doesn't happen often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone read 'The Girl on the Train'? I am number 170 on the holds list at the library. The longest holds list I've ever seen, by leaps and bounds. Must be a great book...if it's that good, I may just snag it from B&N, esp. if it's something I may want to actually add to our library.

Anyone?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X