Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pokémon GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those common animals are great for leveling up though...just collect a ton of them, then evolve like 6 or 8 of each after you pop a lucky egg. You get a thousand points then per evolve, so you can level up quickly sitting on the couch late one night. The only thing I don't try to catch anymore is any pidgy that seems to be uncatchable. I once wasted 15 pokeballs on a CP 50 pidgy....that was dumb! If I can't get it, I walk away. There's always another pidgy, right!!!!

My friend, an area elected official, is now a level 25. Cracks me up. She's taking over gyms and I sure the area teens have no idea it's a school board member that's wielding that power.

I need to get back to it. I've been slacking on my Pokemon walks lately. Life got busy.

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That's hilarious! I'm currently a level 12. I've transferred all the pidgeys I can. Unfortunately, both my school and home are completely without nearby Pokemon.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

So last night I hatched my first lucky egg and did a MASS evolve. Ran out of time so popped another lucky egg. Finally got my Gyrados!

We get Magikarps near the lake across the street from my house and the bay had a bunch of them last night. I'm pretty proud since I'm the first in my group of friends here to get one. I overheard a kid last night say he just evolved to his second one! 😳

Caught and evolved some other cool stuff last night too. I'm so close to evolving a Raichu and a Dragonaire I could taste it. Those Pikachu's and Dratinis are tough to come by though.

Up to a level 23 now, mostly due to the two lucky eggs and the mass evolving that I did last night. The gyms are a grind, but I've earned over 250 Pokecoins from doing it so it's worth it because I'm a cheapskate who refuses to pay for Pokecoins. Not to mention I'm loving the extra stardust I get from gyms because I'm always hard up for stardust.

Heidi, last weekend we went up to San Antonio for a concert and I caught things I have NEVER seen here so you should definitely see some new stuff.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Got this!!!

Comment

Great catch!!! Wow!

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I agree with what everyone else has said re: catching all of the crappy ones and transferring them to level up and earn candy to evolve them. I would also recommend using power up eggs and incense when you are chilling at home. Pokemon will show up every 5 mins or so and you can capture them while watching TV! I'm on level 15 and have some cool ones, but not nearly as cool as you guys.
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I have evolved lots of pidgeys and rattatas. I need to conserve poke balls sometimes though.

I'm on level 13.

Comment

My pokes!

Comment

Man, I need to step up my game!
                    wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

SOO jealous of your Hypno! I was shooting at one once, but it escaped! I still don't have enough Drowsee candy to evolve to one either.

Here's what I have so far:

Comment

So does this mean I should get Pokemon Go? I was addicted to pokemon as a kid. I'm nervous.

Comment

Oh my gosh!!! You have so much!!!

Comment

Soooo...who's still playing? Or re-started after Gen 2 came out?

I started exactly four weeks ago. I just ticked over my Level 24 this morning.

It's actually a great relationship builder for me and DH. He's been playing almost since the game came out, and is now level 32, so now that I'm into it we have been bonding over gym fights and watching videocasts every evening. And man, is the incentive high to get out and walk! I've been known to just keep walking because I want to hatch a 10k egg in a single day. Or I go an extra 20 minutes out of my way at the end of an hour-long walk, just because I saw a rare Pokemon on the Nearby scanner.

Gotta catch 'em all!!
                            Alison

Comment

DS and DH started playing a while back and it's been great for them. They will often go for a walk together after he gets home. We also sometimes go for long walks on the weekend using it as an incentive. I sometimes get annoyed with DS having his face in a screen the whole time we are on a walk, but overall I think it's been good. I haven't put it on my phone so it's just a special thing they do with daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

🙋🏻 DH and I still actively play! I'm up to level 34 and DH is 32. My 24 year old nephew who lives 14 hours away has made several road trips here to visit and play with us since he claims we get the best water Pokémon here. In fact he's coming in later tonight to play with us this weekend. I think we are just a bunch of die hards. 😊 Funny thing is before this game I knew nothing about Pokémon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X