Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (Kelly?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (Kelly?)

I've read 5 out of seven of these so far and I just checked out the last two from the library. It seems like these books would be perfect for the "tweener" age....but my kids are 5 and 3 so take that FWIW!

It's young adult Sci/Fic and I'm wondering Kelly if it might be a good fit for your son? Perhaps these are so well known you've already read them?

They are interesting. I'm surprised I've read so many -- but now I need to find out what happens to the main character. There is no sex but the main character has a crush so there is a kiss here and there. The only profanity is when the main character says "After swearing under my breath..." .

I'm enjoying them.

Curious? Read more here:

http://www.thependragonadventure.com/
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (Kelly?)

This definitely looks good. It sounds like you may be a kindred sister to my kid lit addiction. I'm going to look up the reading level. We are reading Eragon right now, which was rated similar to HP, and although HP 1 through 3 was doable, Eragaon is way above his head. I don't mind reading this to him, but it is frustrating when I used the system. I don't care if he reads under level, but he won't attempt it if it is above level.

Right now he is on a huge Captain Underpants kick. I'm so proud.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'll have to look these up for my sci fi girl. She reads so much. But when we go to the library, she only gets the anime stuff. :huh: :huh: :huh:

(she read through eragon in 1 day).
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Kelly -- I read Eragon a while ago but it's much more advanced than the Pendragon series. Plus the main character talks like a normal kid in Pendragon. He freaks out and gets angry and uses all the kid slang you might here of any normal kid. He loves basketball and playing with his Golden Retriever AND he has a younger sister.

Eragon is great but there are lots of chracters and some parts are pretty confusing. It's all very mystical and serious compared to this series.

Again I do not have kids over 5 so I may be way off here.
        Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Just finished #6 and #7 and like HP -- it gets more intense as the books continue. The main character matures and is faced with tough choices.

I have no idea how many books there will be but I will read them as they come out.
          Flynn

Comment

I just read #8 (it's still in Hardback) and the journey continues for the characters.

I'm wondering how many books there will be??

If it keeps kids reading, who cares, but the characters have to save the universe eventually--- RIGHT?

I still give the series a thumbs up.
            It's creative and now building on past storylines.
            It keeps the readers guessing and the metaphors are still worth thinking about.
            Flynn

Comment

Working...
            X