Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Angels and Demons--Dan Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels and Demons--Dan Brown

I love Dan Brown. I tend to gravitate towards blockbuster style novels by Archer and Follett. Still, I think that Dan Brown may even be a better author than these two. If you are looking for something that is well researched, easy to read, incredibly engaging, and thought provoking, try Angels and Demons. Most of the chapters are around 3 to 10 pages, rendering it an easy read to squeeze into hectic lives. At the same time, Brown doesn't offer a cheap, sparse dialogue like Grisham or Sheldon. Simply a great read.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Angels and Demons--Dan Brown

I liked Angels & Demons too thought its hard to read the 1st book when you've already read the 2nd IMO.

I would say its as good as DiVinci Code but harder to stick with since you know how DC ends.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Loved it too. Found the information on the Vatican fascinating!

Comment

I thought it was a great book. It's been a while since I read it - so my memory of it is a little foggy, but it seemed to me to be similar to DaVinci Code.

Comment

If I remember correctly (it's been awhile ), this is the one in which the main theme is the conflict between science and religion? (I adore debates about this topic, because I really struggle so much with it myself.) I really enjoyed this one, I think either as much as or more than The Da Vinci Code.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

this is the one in which the main theme is the conflict between science and religion? (I adore debates about this topic, because I really struggle so much with it myself.) I really enjoyed this one, I think either as much as or more than The Da Vinci Code.
            Yes. The basic premise is that science and religion are not mutually exclusive set against the backdrop of an adventure. If you don't like factual inconsistencies with your fiction, you will not enjoy Deception Point by Brown. I loved it, but a lot of people were like "So impossible!"

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
            X