Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Twilight, New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight, New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

I loved this series, and cannot wait for the movie to come out in December, as well as the final book- Breaking Dawn in August.

It is a teen romance series, which I normally would not pick up and read. About a girl, Bella, who falls in love with a vampire, Edward. I really found myself reliving the very emotions that Meyer portrays in her book. Also, she writes it from the perspective of Bella and in the first person, which adds to the feeling of the book.

Both books- Twilight and New Moon are easy good summer reads. Very doable for in preparation for the movie this winter.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Re: Twilight, New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

These have been recommended by 12 year old boys to my 12 year old DS. :huh: I thought they looked like romance novels. Do you think a boy would enjoy them??
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

There is some action, and it isn't all mushy gushy love. A pediatrician we know read them both, whereas my husband has no interest in reading them. :huh:

They are not gory, and minimal language- damn I think is the mildest expletive.

Wish I could be of better help.
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I am in the middle of New Moon right now, and while I think they are good, I think that they aren't as spectacular as a lot of people are portraying them to be. I am annoyed a bit by the constant descriptions of a few things. Yes, we know Edward is beautiful, pale, stone-like skin, bronze hair, with topaz eyes that shift to black. Ugh, can we get something new?

They are very easy reads though. I think the language in them is very simple and easier than, say, Harry Potter, but I don't know if the subject matter would be appropriate for some of the audience that Harry Potter reaches.

I am very hard to please with books, and I think these are entertaining.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Bump
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
          X