Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

www.goodreads.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.goodreads.com

I just received a link to this website, is anyone else on it? Basically you can network with friends and see what books other people are reading and what they think about them.

I just looked at it really quickly, and it looks to be ... a huge time suck. I could really spend a lot of time there!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Re: www.goodreads.com

My SIL has asked me to join a few times since we read a lot of the same books. I think I will go check it out. I always need new book recs anyways.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

sounds like my cup of tea. i'm gonna go see if i can waste a bunch of time there.

Comment

I just joined, PM me if you want to be friends, I need some.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
          I just joined, PM me if you want to be friends, I need some.

I'll send you a PM!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I just joined too.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me! I've got to go add Five Quarters of the Orange to my list. I'm almost done with David Sedaris' newest and I'm having a hard time finishing because I don't want it to be over. I'm starting on A Thousand White Women next.

Comment

I just signed up.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I am really trying to figure out how to use this to my advantage. The other day I stumbled on a way to see how Nellie and I had rated the books that we had in common, and I don't know how to see that again with her or any of my other friends, and I think it's kind of a useful tool to see if you have the same tastes as another person. I really feel that books are such a personal thing, and we all like different things. Anyway, how do you use it, and what have you found to be the most useful?
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                    Thanks for reminding me! I've got to go add Five Quarters of the Orange to my list. I'm almost done with David Sedaris' newest and I'm having a hard time finishing because I don't want it to be over. I'm starting on A Thousand White Women next.
                    Which Sedaris? He is one of my favorite authors and a great public speaker. We saw him once and my cheeks and abs hurt by the time we got home.
                    Kris

Comment

The title is When You Are Engulfed in Flames. I think it is my favorite of his books. If I had a roadtrip coming up, I would get the audio book. Make that, if I had a roadtrip without the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                        The title is When You Are Engulfed in Flames. I think it is my favorite of his books. If I had a roadtrip coming up, I would get the audio book. Make that, if I had a roadtrip without the kids.

Me Talk Pretty One Day is my favorite, although his last one is pretty darn good too. He just wrote a little piece about Normandy in Travel and Leisure: http://www.travelandleisure.com/article ... id-sedaris
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I wish they would have the feature that would compare how compatible your taste are with your friends, like on Netflix.

Heidi, just click around, I'm pretty sure you click on friends tab on top and then on the # of books by that person's name.

Comment

Hey, I just wanted to bump this thread up, because this is one of my new favorite website. (To be clear, my first loyalty will always be here, but I looooove this website). If you are not over there, come look me up.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                            X