Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Book Club forming now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book Club forming now!

Bump.

So, I love reading and was thinking about an iMSN book club. How did this go the last time we tried it? I don't even need a 'chat'. I was just thinking we could even do an chain of posts, etc. Has anyone ever done an online book club?
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Re: Online iMSN book club

We tried the chat and it was not very successful. Hard to schedule. Technical difficulties. That sort of thing.

I'd love to do an online posting book club again.

Anyone else in?

You can pick the first book...but you have to give me a month to read it!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Oh, wow! I was just thinking the other day about how much I would enjoy being part of a book club. It sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Oh yes, I was defintely thinking we would need a month to read. I figure we can pick a book, and then start online postings about the book, review it, etc.

I'm not good at picking though. Let's see if anyone else wants to join and then we can get a theme, etc.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Re: New Book Club forming now!

Split the topic to get this noticed.

Somebody posted previously about book club organization. They had a rotating "host". The host would pick three books. The group would vote. Winning book was chosen for the month. I propose that we do it this way because it seems easy and we will get a variety of book styles. The host will be responsible for starting the topic thread to "discuss" either at the end of the month or maybe while reading (if we posted by book sections instead of the entire book).

So far we have three members! Here's hoping we get a few more....
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

If time allows, I'll definitely consider participating.

Comment

I'm in
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm interested, but don't want to over-commit myself before the baby is born I'll lurk until I know whether or not I'll be able to keep up!
                Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I'm in...but I'm not ready to host yet. I think I can read the book and throw out a few threads or responses. I always enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on this board, so I'd love to dish over a book. A chat would be too hard to coordinate, just some ongoing threads. The easier to participate the better.
                  -Ladybug

Comment

I've never been in a book club and I'm a little worried about the expected participation. I guess I'm in, too.
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

I'm (tentatively) in...
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Seriously? The iMSN Book Club is intimidating? Don't you know our motto around here?

The international Medical Spouse Network
                        Where the standards are low and the spirits are high....

No pressure. I think the thread idea is better than the chat. The chat always causes problems.

Honestly, if you read a bit of the book and post in the thread, I'd say you've done your duty as a book club member. Heck, I'd even let people slide if they read the dust jacket synopsis and tried to fake it - but that's just me.
                        Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
                          The international Medical Spouse Network
                          Where the standards are low and the spirits are high....
                          Love it!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'll head up the easy-button threads. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

-Ladybug

Comment

As long as we're talking about a low threshhold of demands, I'm in.

Mediocrity is my mantra!

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X