Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I ordered a Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a Kindle

Okay so I have gotten enough Christmas money to order the Kindle. I am so excited!! Anyone have any favs that I need to read or helpful hints!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I don't have any specific recommendations, but look into getting free ebooks from Project Gutenberg. Enjoy your new toy!
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Lurve my Kindle. I should be a spokesperson because I just love the thing. Don't have any tips other than there are better covers (and cheaper) than the ones that are sold by Amazon. Please tell me that you did not buy a cover through Amazon - I don't want to be a downer.

Enjoy it ....I still do.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Nope didn't get a cover, where should i get one at?
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

DH has a first-gen Kindle, and he has one of the m-edge covers and likes it; they're no longer available (at least through amazon) for the first-gen, but similar ones for the more recent ones are there.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Ohhhh I can't wait to hear how you like it!
            I want one soooooo badly!

Comment

Yay!!! I just live my Kindle! I'd also be interested in cover recommendations. I got one through Amazon, and it doesn't fit well. I like the soft covers, if anyone has one of those they'd recommend.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I got my cover from EBay. For $10? It was not more than 15 for sure. I got the rubber skin for mine - I found the Amazon one to be too bulky and would not fit in my purse. The one I got from EBay is perfect. At the time, the selection was slim but now I see there are more options/colors/materials etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                  I don't have any specific recommendations, but look into getting free ebooks from Project Gutenberg. Enjoy your new toy!
                  I don't believe those work on Kindles, but on other brands (I have a Sony Reader). I think one of the knocks against Kindle is that it can only use Amazon ebooks.

I do wish I had the range of titles available on Amazon. Sometimes I feel like the Sony Book store is limited in their choices.

Enjoy!

Comment

Actually, it can do it now. I don't know how it used to be before, but they now have specific instructions for the Kindle right on the Project Gutenberg site (http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...Devices_How-To). Here's another useful resource: http://www.librarything.com/topic/40494
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

Oh - cool! One more plus for the Kindle!

Comment

I absolutely love mine. Taking on our cruise and can't wait to sit on the beach and read.

Comment

I've never even seen a kindle. What size is it? Is it still easy to see the screen when in the sun? Do you miss the physical turning of the pages? I think I might. But I can see that the world is going this way - bad for publishing companies, good for those who like to have many books with them. I think it would be great for students.

Comment

I don't miss turning the pages but I do miss the book smell. Still, I love that the Kindle automatically shuts itself off on the page you were reading. As someone who reads until I fall asleep, it is frustrating when your book shuts and you lose your place.

Comment

I would like to have some kind of Kindle-like thing eventually, however I would never buy anything that had restrictions on it regarding what I could or couldn't read. It would need to be capable of displaying all or at least most kinds of text file formats and I would be in full control of the addition and deletion of content. I figure something like this will eventually become available on the market if it isn't already.

Comment

Working...
                              X