Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Now that we have an apartment here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we have an apartment here...

..and we're getting settled into a place for several months I went shopping online.

I was looking for a table and chairs, a bedroom set, a couch. Ya know, things you actually need. But I resorted to buying books on Amazon!

I picked up the one that was recommended to me by many of you:

Iserson's Getting Into a Residency: A Guide for Medical Students, 7th Edition

And I also decided to read Kris's book even though we're not at that stage yet in the States. When I looked at it a few weeks ago it was on back order for three weeks but this time they had two so I snagged one!

Surviving Residency

I'm really excited to get my new treasures and read them. I'm always happy to take any more recommendations for the medical process that you may have.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

I can't help ordering books on line. I Don't need more books--- except the updated surviving residency! Thanks for the heads up!!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I know, and having a Kindle makes it way too easy! I'll tell myself I'm just going to get the sample to try it out, then it "helpfully" pops up with the page to go ahead and buy it. Sigh... And I wonder why I'm not very productive...
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

There needs to be more FMG books out there.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I can't help ordering books online either and I've been wanting a Kindle since graduation but never got one. Still like my books though.

Maybe I'll write a FMG book moonlight. I'm thinking about it. We still have the process to go through though.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

While it's a great book, take Iserson's with a grain of salt and always verify everything. Lots of things have changed since the time it was written.

Most recently, the NRMP is doing away with allowing participating programs to keep and offer positions outside the match (they call it "all in"). The prematch as we know it will be history after this year's match.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Good to know Miss Crabette. My Iserson's book arrived yesterday. It's version seven and the copy right is 2006. Not sure if there is an even newer version. It seems looking at the copy rights he was updating it every 3 years.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
              X