Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

easy reads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
    Hehe we could start a new mom chat room!

Laurie
    that is a great idea!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
      Also try David Sedaris, the short stories don't require as much of an attention span.
      Oh I love those! I should get those out again

Comment

Love David Sedaris! I like his essays more than his short stories because real life is weirder and more entertaining than fiction sometimes!

Comment

Honestly I could never read during night time feedings. I mostly dozed or watched late night TV.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I watched old America's Funniest Videos--you can watch it on mute, it doesn't matter if you fall asleep in the middle of it, and you don't need more than two active brain cells to watch it (wiffle bat to the crotch heh heh heh). When I actually started DVRing it my husband was like "Are you OKAY?"
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I love you, Julie.

Comment

We don't have a TV in our bedroom, or else I would totally be watching Real Housewives on demand and probably never sleeping at all. I do have my iPad, which is how I usually read. I bet I could get some shows on there, not a bad idea!

Comment

Sorry, I just cannot get past the part where you said she's still waking you every 2 hours. You poor thing!
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                    We don't have a TV in our bedroom, or else I would totally be watching Real Housewives on demand and probably never sleeping at all. I do have my iPad, which is how I usually read. I bet I could get some shows on there, not a bad idea!
                    You could do Netflix/Hulu Plus on the iPad, too!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I have two requirements for a nursery: 1. there must be a TV and 2. there must be a bed or couch to sleep on. Also a plus in a home with round the clock nursing, a gaming system for day time nursing sessions. It seems the iPad can cover most of these items (maybe that should be a new Apple advertising campaign).
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        Oh and I discovered the Anna Pigeon series this summer. Set in national parks and surprisingly engrossing for a series about a park ranger!
                        My husband adores these. I think he still harbors ambitions of being a doctor/pilot/park ranger.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

If you have comcast there is an xfinity appfor on demand shows...also tbs has an app...so does hgtv...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                            If you have comcast there is an xfinity appfor on demand shows...also tbs has an app...so does hgtv...

I do!! That is good to know! If I can watch my housewives on my iPad I will be the most sleep deprived person ever.

MrsK- She is such a drama queen! She was sleeping through the night for a while, and now I think she's just in the habit of waking up. I've started to not get her up every time she whines, and just wait for her to stop. A lot of the time she falls back asleep. I'm just so much in the habit of rolling over and picking her up every time she makes a noise. It's mostly my fault.

Comment

I don't know if housewives is on there...but they change out tv episodes and movies all the time. You can also download crackle which has free movies/tv..,

Comment

I know what you mean about The Help but aside from that it was an easy read. It was annoying and at first I was like I found errors this early into it!? Until I realized what the author was doing, and the typos came later lol. Have you ver read The Alchemist? I liked Anna Karenina and Jane Austen books are pretty good too but I kind of have boring taste.

Comment

Working...
                                X