Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Memoir: Son of a Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memoir: Son of a Gun

I also started this memoir last week. Anyone read it and want to talk about it?

since I am still waiting for the book club book to come in, I'm game. My library says its available so I'll try to pick it up in the next few days.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Oooo! Yay! A woman I know is the literary director of the Texas Book Festival and says it was one of her favorites from last year, so I figured it was worth reading.

Comment

And oh my gosh, I just saw your ticker, L.Jane. Only 5 months left of residency. How magical that sounds. (PGY1 here.)

Comment

yeah its so weird to think its been 5.5 years since j graduated from med school. I know its been that long but I can't really wrap my head around it. But its more scary than magical going into fellowship with a cross country move and knowing the job hunt looms ahead. I don't think anything about medicine is magical. . Apparently I'm jaded ... Bah...
          -L.Jane

Comment

Yeah -- I hear you on the fellowship/move part. (Why I assumed that the end of residency would be the end of training, I don't know. I should know better by now.) And I hear ya on the job search. But for the moment, from my PGY1 perspective, I still feel like cheering for everyone who makes it through residency. So boo for sorting out fellowship and jobs and moves still and hurrah for finishing residency!

Comment

This one is on my list.
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I picked up the book today and just cracked it open. So far I am enjoying it... but thats not saying much since I have only read a few pages.
                -L.Jane

Comment

I have stopped reading it. It's well-written and engaging. But I find I don't want to read about his mother's murder. It's weird, but with the little free time I have right now, I want to escape into happy places. So even though it's good, I am going to return it to the library...maybe re-read some magical realism instead...

Comment

Working...
                  X