Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pick your house/faction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick your house/faction!

What house would you be sorted into? (Harry Potter)

What faction would you choose? (Divergent)
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Pick your house/faction!

I'd likely be Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff would be second.

I'd likely be Erudite, followed by Abnegation, then Amity.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Fun! These are all my favorite books and I've actually thought about these a lot. Such a nerd.

I think my house and factions have changed over time and life experience.

At age 11 I think I probably would have been sorted into Slytherin. I had social ambition and insecurity. Now I think I'm comfortable enough with myself to hang with Gryffindor.

At 16 I could have been sorted into Erudite. I think in the simulation I would have chosen the knife though (fear-based decision) which would have put me in dauntless. I never could have survived dauntless initiation though. That would have left me faction-less. As a wise adult I would chose Amity all the way...and I would eat a lot of bread
      -Ladybug

Comment

Ravenclaw, with all the nerds... but I have no freaking clue what Divergent is all about.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Hufflepuff more than likely. No clue re: Divergent.
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

HP: Gryffindor forever baby!

Divergent: If I'm honest, Amity. I would have said Erudite before reading the books but I was strongly turned off by the power hungriness of that faction. If I'm giving you an incorrect, idealized version of myself I'd say Dauntless. NFW do Candor or Abnegation appeal to me.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Nobody chooses Candor! Isn't that fascinating? I'm not sure if it's a reflection of the book (doesn't lean that way) or our current culture. On the one hand, self honestly is the most critical aspect of my life's happiness. I should value truth, self-knowledge particularly, above all other virtues, but it's my last favorite faction. Dead last. Self-knowledge should lead to peace and compassion. Real compassion. There's a conflict inside me somewhere. I love this series. I've found the whole idea so thought provoking and enjoyable.

ETA: for those who haven't delved yet, they divide a post-war Chicago into factions based on human virtues: bravery, kindness, intelligence, honesty, selflessness. The virtues have been taken to extremes and become vices (bravery has become cruelty). Divergents exhibit more than one virtue, and don't fit into the neat societal boxes that have been created to obstuct the shadowy sides of our human character. It's a fascinating (although verbally simple) read. I love it.
              Last edited by Ladybug; 05-23-2014, 04:45 PM.
              -Ladybug

Comment

As a kid, I'd have been Ravenclaw and Erudite, without question. Now, I'm not so sure. Probably Hufflepuff and Amity.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I think Amity (kindness/brotherhood) is particularly appealing to me because there is a void of this attribute in our society. I cherish it more with each year.
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm Candor. After that, maybe dauntless or erudite. Can't do Amity or abnegation.

For HP... Probably ravenclaw.
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I haven't read Divergent but I'd absolutely be Griffindor.

Comment

Working...
                      X