Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Bachman's Thinner is the perfect prescription for when your diet isn't working. You'll gladly gain a pound or two.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Recently finished "What Alice Forgot" and enjoyed it. So far, I have liked most of the things I've read from Moriarty - but I did not like "The Husband's Secret." "Big Little Lies" was my favorite. Her writing is uncomplicated but well done, and her stories engaging but similarly semi-uncomplicated and satisfying in the end. Nothing groundbreaking, but entertaining for sure. Sometime's you need that!

This weekend I started and finished "Saint Anywhere" by Sarah Dessen - whose first novel "Someone Like you" completely enraptured me as a 12/13 year old girl. Her writing was superb and relatable and emotional. I've read it probably a dozen times. Several of her earlier books felt the same, but the later ones seem a bit more trite and juvenile to me. This new one, though, was well written and engaging, thoughtful and emotional as well - a satisfying read, but nothing stellar. I enjoyed it, but am glad I got it from the library instead of buying it. Still, I would recommend it to YA lovers.

I'm also working through "The Accidental Tourist" by Anne Tyler, "A Game of Thrones", and "We are Not Ourselves" by Matthew Thomas, which I started last night and is so good so far.

I can't decide what I'll take on vacation - but I still have a decent chunk of $$ left on a B&N gift card from Christmas, so I'll probably make several more trips there. I did pick up "The Sixth Extinction" last week because it sounded SUPER interesting and also like something my husband would like - he's already called it for the flight to CA, so I'll have to wait until he's done.

What's everyone else reading?
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I just finished the second Elena Ferrante Neapolitan novel. I'm so excited to have found a "new" author! The books are riveting, really well written (even in translation) and thoughtful. Just ordered the third from the library (the fourth is due out in September).
        It's been years since I've been entranced by an author and wanted to find everything they've done. I think Mark Helprin was the last one, recommended by a friend. And this was an accidental foray into DW's library book pile, which she pretty much orders arbitrarily from the bestseller lists.
        Check it out!
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
        X