Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading?

The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood.

(With the kids) The Penderwicks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Paul Theroux - Deep South. meh.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Kristan Higgins - Good Luck With That

Rebecca Spooner - Journal Me Organized
      Riley Carroll - Bullet Journaling
      (Because why not start new years resolutions I can't keep up with?)

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Comment

Me: China Rich Girlfriend and am about to start a book about ribosomes that M gave me for Christmas! (Because #molecularbiologynerd

Kids: Finishing up Anna Hibiscus (highly recommend!) series and starting Narnia next.
        [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION], my eldest loves the Penderwicks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

What are you reading?

When Breath Becomes Air—was coincidentally halfway through this audiobook and thinking “Yup, this is good, but heavy” when we got DD9’s diabetes diagnosis and dropped it like a hot potato. Alllllllmost ready to pick it up again now but not quite.

With kids: The Warden’s Daughter—also audiobook, really good so far but slightly annoying narrator. Probably even better as a print book.

Recently finished The Kitchen House based on recs in this thread and really liked it, so thanks.

Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            Me: China Rich Girlfriend and am about to start a book about ribosomes that M gave me for Christmas! (Because #molecularbiologynerd

Kids: Finishing up Anna Hibiscus (highly recommend!) series and starting Narnia next.
            [MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION], my eldest loves the Penderwicks!!

I’ve never heard of Anna Hibiscus! We are on the 2nd Penderwicks book and my kids adore them. They were delighted with Anne of Green Gables too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=821]Auspicious[/MENTION] When Breath Becomes Air has been recommended to me by so many people, yet I haven`t gotten around to reading it. Worth your time? I should probably just check it out at the library and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                I’ve never heard of Anna Hibiscus! We are on the 2nd Penderwicks book and my kids adore them. They were delighted with Anne of Green Gables too.

Oh my gosh, Anna Hisbiscus is SO good. And naturally opens so many great conversations for right now (main narrator is a biracial child living in Africa - Mom is Canadian, Dad is African. African country not specified but presumed to be Nigeria bc author is Nigerian). It’s SO good. For example, we talked about how in America, Anna would be described as black but in Africa, they’d think of her as lighter skinned or mixed or depending on the culture, people might even describe her as white (this sometimes happened in Kenya when we lived there). A great opportunity to talk about your own perspective influencing how you might see someone else. And that’s one example in hundreds. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Anna Hibiscus is a series too. We had a great time with it last year. [MENTION=1315]TulipsAndSunscreen[/MENTION]
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yes there are 8 “Anna High Biscuits” books as my 2yo says.

Comment

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

https://www.amazon.com/Tattooist-Aus...witz+paperback
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                        The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

https://www.amazon.com/Tattooist-Aus...witz+paperback
                        This book was just recommended to me last week by a friend. It’s on my list. What do you think so far?

I just recently finished Small Great Things by Jodi Piccoult and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas which I loved. Currently reading Happiness by Heather Harpham for book club.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I’m working my way through a top 50 books of 2018 list from a Seattle newspaper. I’m interested in checking out Obama’s list of what he read this past year.

Comment

Katherine of Aragon: The True Queen by Alison Weir

Comment

Oh also, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, A Year of Holidays. Feeling hungry...

Comment

Working...
                              X