Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

mystery lovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery lovers?

I have a severe mystery problem. Lately, I've been running out of good books, because the authors I like don't have new ones out yet. I've tried some new writers, but haven't got hooked. Any mystery readers out there got some recommendations of favorite authors or new finds?

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Hmmm-

Have you tried either of the Kellermans? Jonathan or Fay (or Fran?) they're good series, but as with them all, start at the beginning-

I always like heading back to Agatha Christie- i rarely ever remember the plots after so much time.

i also like to revisit Sherlock ever few years- they're so good- even more than 100 years later.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks Jenn

I've done all the Kellerman's. I hadn't thought of going back to Agatha or Sherlock.....That's worth a try. I've done Elizabeth George/Martha Grimes/Barbara Vine-Ruth Rendell/ P.D. James --I like the British detectives . I've also done Patricia Cornwall and James Patterson type stuff. Is there some new name I haven't tried? I haven't read as much since my kids got older and ....noisier. I think I'm stuck in a rut of old authors. I tries Jan Burke--she was ok, but not totally great. I also tried Harlan Coben-same thing. The Janet Evonich (sp?) series is also ok, but I'm not looking for funny. Sorry to have asked such an open ended question before. I know there are thousands of mystery writers out there. Thanks for the input.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Codex

Hey Angie-

I just read the greatest mystery- the book was Codex and it was fantastic. It was one of those rare mysteries that actually left me at the end saying "no...but wait, what happens tomorrow?"

It's kind of complicated to explain, but it's the story of an investment banker who is between jobs and goes to work for one of his clients while he is getting ready to move. Concurrently, he has these geeky computer firends who get him hooked to a computer game that sort of parallels his life, but not really. See? complcated- but check it out and let me know.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks Jenn! I'm between books so I'll have to run out and get that. I am so excited......clearly I have a mystery problem......

Angie
          Angie

Comment

Working...
          X